violation of work space

bprint_tampabay

Not sure where to post this... but here it is.

I am a 1 man pre-press dept. in a small commerical/digital shop...

when I came in this AM, my workstation was in complete disarray... all my standard windows and set-ups were shot...

It turns out that the production mgr "had to get a job out" after I left yesterday.

Completely destroying my desktop and workflow. Neanderthals.

How would you handle this?

I have my user account for me and I created a public user account for anyone else wanting/needing to use my computer. They have access if needed but my settings are safely hidden in my user account.

Cory-

That was exactly my thought. It isn't like that has never happened before. Just give me a phone call! I was really just perplexed by the whole scenario. (the most absurd thing is that they screwed it up anyway, and I had to fix it after the fact when I came in this AM)
Leave it to the professionals!

and Joe---

That is also a great idea, although I have never needed that type of security on my machine before. Usually when I leave, it is done.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have my user account for me and I created a public user account for anyone else wanting/needing to use my computer. They have access if needed but my settings are safely hidden in my user account.

Ditto. I've run into similar situations as you mention tampa, but at the end of the day, it's a tool I use at work, not _my_ computer.... so I don't say anything and spend the first 20 minutes setting my workstation back up!

"Sorry, can't do that for you right now, I've gotta fix my workstation. Someone butchered this thing last night..."

- Mac

Ditto. I've run into similar situations as you mention tampa, but at the end of the day, it's a tool I use at work, not _my_ computer.... so I don't say anything and spend the first 20 minutes setting my workstation back up!

"Sorry, can't do that for you right now, I've gotta fix my workstation. Someone butchered this thing last night..."

- Mac

I guess the other option is you lose a customer and then no paycheck. I fully understand having someone invade your turf and it is frustrating, but a job had to go. Just put everything back to neutral and roll on. End of story........

IF it's your personal computer you use at work then I can completely understand. But if it's the company's computer that you use for work then it's just annoying...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back