Wating to buy a New printer for my business

M

m237

Hello there.
I run a small business, I sell personalized invitation & labels (party favors)
I usually send the invitations as a digital file so the clients can print them at the photo lab of their choice. I do print the labels.
Many clients have ask me to print the invitations for them, but I don't think my printer is good enough for that. I have a HP LaserJet Printer CP1518ni.

My main designs are for kids (colorful designs) but now I'm planning to add Wedding and babyshower invitations & favors.

I would like to buy a new printer that will print high quality invitations & labels.
My actual printer is good, and the labels do not look like "home done", BUT I know they can be even better.
By the way, I'm a stay at home mom, so I don't think I will have time to go everyday to print my job at a comercial printer.

Any suggestions of which printer should I get for my business?

I'm looking to spend no more than $1000

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for responding.
I think I might be printing at least 100-200 invitations per day.
ANy suggestion of which printing will be work for my business?

what size are those? are you going to print multiple pieces in one letter size sheet, or maybe 11x17, or 12x18?

I'm still not sure about your volume, quality expectations, paper types, etc.

with $1,000, all you could get is a small color printer.

Color Laser Printers : Xerox Office

good luck.

Most of the time I print labels (8x11 sheets) but I want to buy a printer that will print on heavy cardstock paper... My actual printer won't print on 5x7 sheets.
I also want a printer that will print vibrant colors and detailed graphics.
My printer is good, but it still shows some noise in the graphics ... here is a pic of how the prints look like... if you look closely you will see noise around the stripes and letters, that's what I don't like about this printer :(
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

About the volume, I think I will be printing approx 2000 sheets per month.

[SNIP]
My printer is good, but it still shows some noise in the graphics ... here is a pic of how the prints look like... if you look closely you will see noise around the stripes and letters, that's what I don't like about this printer :(
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

That "noise" around the stripes and letters looks like a halftone screen. It might be caused by how you prepare your graphics rather than by the printer itself.

best, gordo

Thanks for responding Gordo.
Well I print all my work at a resolution of 300dpi
I've print different graphics and letters directly from photoshop and also directly from some website and the images still look the same - with noise. ;(

What about the volume?

What about the volume?

200-300 invites per day, 5x7 card stock...

you can do them 3 up on 12x18, and auto duplex on 65lb cover or something simular.

I woudl look at a small no frills Konica Bizhub C353 or even a C451, you sound like you are wasting alot of money on ready to print invitation paper, when you can make it yourself with alot more profit.

small electric paper cutter used - $400-600

Manual scoring machines used - $150
Auto Scoring machines used - $500

Konica used (look for GOING OUT OF BUSINESS)...

at 250 invites, 3 up on 12x18 that have to be duplexed, thats 500 clicks a day color, or approx 8K-10K clicks per month, you can get a used Bizhub for under 3K, for the 353, maybe a little less now with a higher meter.

Look for a konica reseller that isnt a dealer they will give you the best prices. I have a non authorized dealer do all my black and white machines, but my color i do run my self. No per click charges. You can try to do the same, but its better for your first medium sized machine to have it under contract, at 8K clicks per month, you should be well under 5 cents.

card stock is cheap, pre scored invites, for the home printer is where alot of your profit is going.

I get 10 people per month bringing me half done invites becuase they went though all there injets inks, if you want to turn your volume into a business i think you can.

Of course you can down scale all of this....

where are you located? maybe i know someone in your area...

FYI, 8570 now discontinued and replaced with 8580 series. However, you may also want to consider the 8880DN for MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper colour running costs.

Cheers

Nick

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back