What digital equipment would you recommend?

Hello everyone! We are a start-up publishing company located in Russia, and we are thinking to start a new project: a weekly classified ads magazine. The magazine is planned to be B&W with lots of small photographic images. So the resolution and greyscale are extremely important, as well as low printing cost.

We want to buy a used digital press in the USA for this project, as well as for other smaller jobs.
The printing volume will be about 100K prints A4 per month and growing.

What used digital press would you recommend? I looked at the samples printed on Xerox Docutechs, and they all have 600X600 dpi resolution, which is not gonna work for us.

I don't have enough knowledge of digital presses, so any piece of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!!

First off, if you're looking for a used press, you should get it on a pay per click contract. From what I know, the main companies won't do that if you import the machine from another continent. If you get an expensive used printer and something is wrong with it, the cost of repairing the unit might be huge. That's why a pay per click contract on used machines is definitely the way to go.

What digital equipment would you recommend?

Thanks a lot for your advice! Do you have any recommendations for the printer?

I'm not sure what your budget is. Maybe a Konica Minolta bizhub PRO 950 with an extra paper bank would be a good solution?
Find out what the pay per click is on this machine in Russia. I'm also not sure how the Konica Minolta service is there, so I guess you would have to ask on a Russian board about that.

Thank You for your suggestion! What about the quality of photo printing on 950? And how is the reliabilty of Konica compared to Xerox or Canon? Also, how about the toner and other parts? Are they more expensive than analogic at Xerox and Canon?
thanks again for your help!!

from what I've seen, the quality is good. You would have to check it out yourself, to see if it suits your needs.
if you're on a full contract the parts are included, so you don't have to worry about that.

Oce 4110 has very good resolution 1200dpi and very good halftones. It is gonna be more than the KM but I have the KM and an Oce 6250 which has the same print system as the 4000 series and the print quality is worlds apart.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back