What Machine Next?

onzcam

The company I work for have a 2 month grace left on our Nexpress 2100 which is a reconditioned 9 year old unit.
I feel to keep this on is not worth the trouble or cost. We are after a machine to replace it, we don't do huge volume but do allot of 300gsm Postcards so would need something which could do this weight with ease. Quality is also important but don't want to goto the cost of an Indigo or iGen

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

what do you think of a 240 vs dc6060? i know both are older generations, but battle tested. i also am looking for a new machine(s). i currently have 2 240's, but thinking about adding a 6060 for longer runs or for more production jobs. my business is pay for print, so the 240;s with embedded fiery work well and are quick to print. the only problem is that the registration and durability of consumables i.e. drums is much lower on the 240. i only ask about these machines as there are many on the market that can be had for a good deal, and i have experience with both. only down side for me is keeping 2 sets of larger format paper, and consumables on hand? thanks, kristian.

xerox 6060 was a real production machine while dc240 is an entry level production: the differencies are too many to mention here (consider only that dc6060 is over 500kg while dc240 is about 200kg).
The problem with 6060 could be the cost of xerox maintenance and consequently the cost per page: if you like xerox machine and service and are looking for a big deal try to find a dc5000ap reman, the cost per page could be much lower with better quality and reliability.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back