What medias for the Xerox 700?

leegreen

What media are Xerox 700 users using?

I am using Monza Digital Recycle from Spicers in Australia, this is a coated stock.
Spicers Paper - paper product

I am finding my colours extremely flat and solid areas are faded, I have made profiles using the ES1000, adjusted the image transfer in custom paper settings on the 700 with average results.

Print the same job on a Xerox stock, and the print is brilliant... so what stocks are you using with good results?

Cheers
Lee

Paper stock

Paper stock

I am using Futura 100lb text so far. I just got it and I like the way it prints. I have also ran Utopia Digital 100# text. Both are coated gloss stocks.

When you run your calibration, does it look flat compared to the default calbration. I just got mine, I have try calibration with colorcal but the color looks pretty flat after that, faded. I notice the curves on the calbration profile are very eratic, not smooth like the default profile.

I use the EFI ES1000 / EFI COLOUR PROFILER SUITE to create a profile for my media on the 700, here is a sample of a profile created from ES 1000, (see picture) top sheet is using a profile created from the ES 1000, bottom sheet is the same profile with manual adjustment to the DMAX until I have an acceptable result to the eye.

My current profile method is this. Find a custom value for the Image Transfer from the custom paper setup on the 700, create a profile using the ES1000 and this is the result.

profile.jpg

Our local xerox dealer are not able to assist us, since no one is trained on the EFI device.
EFI say the 700 will be supported in the next Color Profiler Suite update (the last update was 6 months ago), but to manage it as a Generic CMYK device for now, but the results are hardly desirable.

It seems my only option for now is to used the canned profiles for xerox stocks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back