when is the lastest version going to ship

That depends on what you think the "latest" version is.
PrePressManager 4.0 ServicePack 2 (which includes updates to MetaDimension and SignaStation) is available for install since mid-decembre; talk to your local Heidelberg dependence and ask when they are going to install it.

And you definately should get these updates, as there are a number of bugs in MetaDimension/Cockpit that affect output and rendering of transparency that are resolved with it.

PPM 4.5 won't be out for another while (I guess).

I talked to sales today and they said it wont ship until februrary. I bought a used setup 3 months ago and bought a service contract on it. printready 3 was installed. they tell me they wont install ppm4 until february maybe march. did you get ppm4 on a new install? I thought I might be entitled to printready 3.5 but they don't want to do that either.

Last edited:
Maybe they want to wait for version 4.5.

We got our PPM as plain version 4 in September 2008, Service Pack 2 in late December 2008.

did you buy a whole new setup in september?

when I signed the service contract they said they were going to release the ppm 4 in october with shipping for upgrades in february. frankly if I dont see something in february I am going to be a little upset.

Yes we bought a new setup in August 2008.
Maybe the german version was ready a bit before the international versions.

If I had to guess I would say February might be the release date for version 4.5.
Or your local Heidelberg-dependance is backed up with work and can't offer to install the workflow any earlier?

I was told that any one that purchased a new setup got the ppm 4. and upgraders had to wait. I was just going to run it in tandem with our current setup so I am not terribly upset, but if they keep pushing things back they may have a revolt on their hands. ppm 4 looks pretty nice from what I saw at the print show in chicago. thanks

I upgraded to 4 first week of january and we were on board with psa etc from v2 then v3, v3.5 and now 4. Already looking forward to 4.5.
Lots of things have improved though. I guess it depends on what country you are in also.

they offered to install the v4 if I installed my new to me prosetter in january. so I know they have it. I was told germany did not have the media kits ready so the US was having to make their own. sounds like march is the month though.

We've had 4.0 since the end of Nov early Dec... I don't see why you would have to wait for 4.0. We want 4.5 so we can use Acrobat 9 with cockpit, and hopefully resolve some bugs.

Good luck!

We updated to 4.0 a month or so ago and Acrobat 9 works just fine with cockpit and plugins.
Default one that comes with installation says it's not Acro 9 compatible but on download page, update version says it's for Acro 9.
Trust me, it works without issue.

What bugs are you talking about?

We updated to 4.0 a month or so ago and Acrobat 9 works just fine with cockpit and plugins.
Default one that comes with installation says it's not Acro 9 compatible but on download page, update version says it's for Acro 9.
Trust me, it works without issue.

What bugs are you talking about?

Acrobat 9 is not supported in version 4. The interactive mode between cockpit and acrobat does not dismiss the dialogue. You can use the plugin's and Acrobat 9 by opening the PDF's directly. Or HD has a hack to make the interactive mode work, but I rather wait for an official patch.

We've seen issues with proof colour disappearing on imported jobs, plus odd hangups with low rez proofs not positioning correctly on output.

Goodluck

Acrobat 9 is not supported in version 4. The interactive mode between cockpit and acrobat does not dismiss the dialogue. You can use the plugin's and Acrobat 9 by opening the PDF's directly. Or HD has a hack to make the interactive mode work, but I rather wait for an official patch.

We've seen issues with proof colour disappearing on imported jobs, plus odd hangups with low rez proofs not positioning correctly on output.

Goodluck

I would say that you probably have different kind of problem, but for sure is not one related to Acrobat 9 compatibility. As I said in my previous post, since upgrade, we've been using Acrobat 9 and plugins without any problem. It has full functionality and works well.

Dismissing of dialogue is related to PTlink, which you probably don't have installed or it's not properly installed, or there is permission issue on your mac, or ....
We've had similar problems with Acrobat 8 and Printready 3.5 occasionally but I have yet to see it since the upgrade with PTR 4 and Acro 9.

Regarding Heidelberg support for Acrobat 9, I think that you are not correct on this either, since if you download PDF Toolbox from Heidelberg site, there is readme file that goes with it and this is what it says in it:
----
General
To keep download file size as small as possible, this update does not contain installer
software. PDFToolbox 4.0.55 and higher versions are supporting Adobe Acrobat 7.0,
8.0 and 9.0. The Mac Version of Prinect Imposition Editor is not available for Acrobat

----
Disclaimer:
I would certainly call Tech support and not take for granted what someone says on internets, however I stand firm behind everything I say as I really have no reason to say something that is not true.
This forum is great place to exchange this type of information so you don't solely rely on vendor, but also on real life usage from different users around the world.
Quite opposite of Heidelberg, Kodak even has it's own type of community (GUA) where they encourage exchange of ideas and user experiences but is heavily censored, unfortunately.

Attachments

• pdf_toolbox_4066_readme.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Looks like next week for me. and hopefully 4.5. does anyone know if pdf print engine 2 is definitely in 4.5.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back