When should I change the ink?

DMP

Hello everyone,
I hope this is not a stupid question but I do not want to damage my printer! I have an Epson Stylus Pro 7800 and it is giving me a low in warning. One of the cartridges is low through normal use that is fine but should I replace it now? The reason I am asking is because it still has ink in it. I feat that if it runs out I may get air in the lines or have a problem because I did not change it when it told me to. What is the worst that can happen if I use it until it runs out?

Also while I am here, I have some inks dated 2008, 2010 and 2012. Are they ok to use or should I bin then? The whole system is Ultra Chrome K3 ink.

Thank you very much in advance for any help,

DMP

DMP, run the printer until the ink is 100% used. You will get a message when the ink is out and replace then. No need to replace prior and nothing bad will happen

Hi,
Thank you for your help. I will do that and replace when the printer tells me to. I worry because I have already ruined an Epson 9800, it had a print head clog and ended up being only good for spares or repair!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back