where did my cmyk profile go?

Basia

I've converted my rgb into cmyk and sent them over to the printer, but on their side, they got
a dialog box saying that the images have no embedded profile.
When I open the same images back on my computer, there's the profile...What am I doing wrong?
Am I not checking in the right spot?

You mean images from photoshop? When you save theres a tickbox to include the profile, if its indesign or illustrator theres another box with include profile. What profile are you embedding, is it common? If it is they probably already have it. Only other thing i can think of is there rip is set to ignore embedded profiles.

Photoshop files...embedding very common European ISO coated V2 ECI.
First time I've had this problem. They got back to me saying that their photoshop is not recognising the profile but their printer is overriding (?) and they're now printing just fine.

just curious, why are they opening your images again in photoshop? Are they large format printers?

I'm not sure why - I know very little about proofing but yes, they are using a large GMG printer. My guess would be that it wasn't printing properly so they likely opened it to double check that the images have the correct profile...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back