Wierd issue with RISO HC 5500 - Need Help

Digital Insight

Greetings All.

I just bought a used Riso HC 5500. Mainly for printing envelopes.

Machine seems to be in GREAT shape.

However, I am getting a "random" issue that is occurring when printing envelopes.

The printed envelopes will pick up random "stains" of ink. All color, and in different places each time.

If I just run "flat" 8.5 x 11 paper through the machine, it seems fine.

It seems that the "thickness" of the paper or the envelopes is what is causing the problem to appear.

See attached photos for samples of the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips on solving this.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 225
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 200
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 199
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 194
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
More than likely it is ink on the belt. Follow your book to clean or call tech services to have them walk you through it.

The belt is under the envelope.
What you're seeing is curl from the envelope slapping up against the bottom of the printheads.

We never used ours for envelopes although we did buy the feeder.

Your heads are pretty dirty. You could do a strong cleaning cycle but that will only wipe the printhead's surface.

You'll need to get in their with your hand and a cleaning rag. I don't know what you can use for it. Find out from whoever services it for you.

Here is service info for this problem...hope it helps.

Attachments

• HC-troubleshooting-106c.pdf
    999.5 KB · Views: 691

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back