windows 7

genomarb

does anyone know when xerox is gonna update their print drivers to windows 7 ???? - just upgraded and we cannot install our xerox docucolor 250 fiery

the DC250 is an obsolete model, maybe there won't be a Windows 7 driver.

If you are in the US, and have a maintenance contract, report the problem with the Xerox Support Hotline 18008212797. The more requests they get, the more likely and faster they will develop the driver.

Attachments

• Windows7_Matrix.pdf
    120.1 KB · Views: 344
Windows 7 ... driver what???

Windows 7 ... driver what???

Okay, so I work in a small quick print shop. We just upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (spent the farm on the machine) and now we cant get any print options when we output.

So...here's the question (and please don't give me the run of the mill about how we shouldn't have done this or that...we have, and now here we are):

Printer 1: Canon IR8500
Connection: IP
Driver: ??? (there are 3 options on the canon usa site - downloaded all, including the PPD and none give us options to the Fiery CWS5 controller other than page count and orientation)

Printer 2: BizHub c6500
Connetion: IP
Driver: ??? (again, multiple selections...however, the support tech actually came in, installed "their" drivers, and then left....no print options.

We have "ques" set up on both machines - hold, print, and direct - which we are able to access through port configurations from within the set up dialog box and they are working with 2/3 of the drivers we have tried...

However, I recently noticed (been fighting with this thing for over a week now) that my Adobe applications (CS5 Design Standard) doesn't recognize a PPD for the printers in the print dialog box.

All drivers were installed with via the "set up" exe's included in their respective "packages" and each has been uninstalled before "reinstalling" the next option.

So...I have searched the web and cannot find anything (other than similar complaints) regarding Windows 7's handling of printers and drivers. Seems that the "routine" answer is to blame the operator, installation, or files - but where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Could it be something internal with Windows new HAL?

Please respond with information, not criticism as I have had enough of that in recent days. My job is on the line with this project and I need to get it figured out fast.

Thanks in advance, and I'll be watching for a response....

thanks dan...
but i was actually able to get it running by using an outdated dribr tech suppot swore wouldnt work. go figure!
running a split mode os is just begging for problems...but i really appreciate the response!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back