Workflow vs Kodak

Prinergy is a complete workflow and also is expandable.
There is simply nothing out there that comes close.

You never worked with Esko I guess, but I have worked with both Prinergy Connect and Esko BackStage.

Well, does Prinergy have a PDF editor? No, it's using PitStop and it belongs to Esko.
Enfocus - Company Overview Link

Everything in Prinergy is an Acrobat plugin, e.g.: DotShop, Trap Editor, etc.
In Esko there is an integrated powerful application called "PackEdge" to edit PDFs and do whatever you want like Trapping, Screening, SmartMarks, Channel Mixing, Converting to Hexachrome or any other icc-based color space, Inspecting separations and TAC, inserting job Barcode.

These are only in one App, I could say other features in other parts of the suite.

Regards,
Hamid

I have never used Workflow. I am working with Prinergy. I like it alot.

Kodak actually has a good self-help web page and I have had good success with the Tech Staff when I have had to contact them with issue that have occurred.

We are currently using Prinergy 4.1.2.3. I would like to upgrade to Prinergy 5.

Is Kodak going to be around 5 years from now?

This is a concern of mine.

I have used prinergy, apogee and compose and now XMF, I like XMF over all of the others, its easy to use and the imposition is very well done.

I believe that as Prinergy and XMF are driven by a core adobe pdf print engine both would be equally capable once tailored to your requirements. My preference would be motivated by price, service and support.

However, being a Fuji user, I am extremely pleased with XMF, particularly the way in which the Rip is accessed via a client and that the impostion software is integrated within XMF. No need for third party applications.

When we considered upgrading from Celebra to XMF we were offered a substantial saving in Australia, not sure if this applies in USA if cross grading from Rampage or Celebra.

I have never used Workflow. I am working with Prinergy. I like it alot.

workflow - Everybody has a "workflow", even if it is manual or semi-automated and only relies upon standard Adobe, Quark and or other tools.

Workflow (Software) - Such as Prinergy from Kodak, Prinect from Heidelberg etc. Not everybody uses a dedicated piece of Workflow software.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back