Xante does not stand behind their products - BEWARE CONSUMERS!!!!

Xante does not stand behind their products - BEWARE CONSUMERS!!!!

• Total voters

Jersey Joe

1st e-mail to Xante asking for help.

i hope you can help me

my black toner started to get streaky on about 1/3 of the page

i put a brand new black toner cartridge in hoping it would stop the problem

it might have helped a little but it is still there not to mention the ghosting i'm also getting

will this clear up over time with more use of the black toner or is there a trick to help fix the problem faster

thanks
joe

RESPONSE

1) swap the black led with one of the others to see if the issue follows or does it remain with the black. I have attached a document on replacing the led head this will show you how to remove it. Once they are swapped you do not have to swap it back you can leave it.

if the issue stays with the black after doing the led swap then do

2) a drum swap, I will need for you to take the black toner and drum and swap it with the magenta. To do this you will first need to power the printer off and then remove the toners and drums (leave the toner locked to the drums) Once you have them out you will see the color keys for each drum on the back wall. You will need to remove the one for the black and magenta. You do not have to swap it all you will do with them is lay it to the side just remember which one is which and then put the cyan and yellow back in there correct slots and then put the black toner and drum in the magenta slot and the magenta in the black slot. Then test and see if the issue remains with the black or did it change to magenta.
I have also attached a picture showing the color keys

Also where are you purchasing your consumables?

If the issue followed the black drum then that will be the issue and it would need to be replaced.

If you would send the config page and let me know when it was installed in the printer I will be able to see if there can be a warranty claim on it.

Regards
Xante Tech Support

MY REPLY BACK TO XANTE

i sure hope it will be covered under warranty - let me know

new 4 pack drums purchased around June 28, 2011 from the richardson company
and installed sometime in July/August 2011

thanks
joe

XANTE RESPONSE TO WARRANTY

Good Morning,
That drum would not be covered under warranty. The consumables warranty is 1 year shelf life or 90 days from the date it was installed in the printer.

Regards
Xante Tech Support

MY REPLY TO THEM ON NOT BEING COVERED UNDER WARRANTY - PS NO RESPONES FROM XANTE!!

so nice of you to say Good Morning to me since you are about to give me some company "BS" about not covering your products under any kind of warranty

i'm getting punished for being honest about installing your defective drums approx 6 months ago which then puts me out of your "Warranty Period"

are you kidding me!

there is 85% life left on the drum - i know i have less than 1000 prints on the black drum and you won't cover it

are you kidding me!

so if i'm a volume printer who installed the drum 60 days ago and have 15% life left you would replace it because it is in your "Warranty Period"

again are you kidding me!

why should i pay your PRICE$ when you won't stand behind your products!

so now that i know how you play the game i'll remember not to be so honest next time

better yet maybe now i'll start looking for all after market products which will keep any $$ REVENUE $$ out of your pockets and would save me a small fortune!

with the money i save i could buy another better brand printer and use yours as a boat anchor!

i sure hope you pass this complaint up the chain to the president & board of this "Spineless Company" which is what i now consider you until you prove otherwise

FYI the otherwise in this case has now become a much bigger bridge to rebuild than just replacing your defective drum

i can't wait to post this on industry forums etc.

thanks for nothing XANTE !
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

According to your second line, your problem just started recently, after the warranty period was up. Ninety days after installation is 90 days, it doesn't matter if you didn't use it at all in those 90 days. Seems like a short warranty period, but apparently they figure if the part is defective, it's going to show up by then.

Getting nasty with people isn't going to solve any problems. You know what, it happens.

We have an Accel a writer that is probably at least 14 years old and still chugging away. They probably made them better back then.

I can see both sides of this coin, it all really boils down to what is Xante trying for, long term or short term relationship. They have ya by the "short hairs" on warranty period and such, but really, if they were a good company looking to establish long term relationships they might be more inclined to work with you. However, it is our experience that although they do build a decent product, its up to you to make sure it works the way YOU want, not what the sales person said. And be aware if its not what you expected... well thats just too bad. I do have a bone to pick with Xante, the film output works, runs like a champ, just won't produce what we need, so we still have to out source. Xante's response... too bad. Just add em to the list of who not to buy from when the time comes.

The Xante (Okidata) drums will fail for a number of reasons. It is not uncommon for them to last only a small percentage of their rated life. If you run heavy stock they will fail all the sooner. It's the nature of the technology - the Xante is just an office printer dressed up as a production machine. Might contact Okidata directly and plead your case (they will most likely refer you back to Xante).

Do make sure the humidity in your shop is at 45-50% minimum.

I feel your pain. As I have posted in the past our dealings with Xante were about the same. We bought a Xante Ilumina and had it about 3 months and had to send it back. I even spoke with the Pres. of the company who promised me that they would send me the replacement parts to make the machine run right. Never heard from him again. They sure started calling when their machine got returned to their vendor and a refund was issued. I believe that a lot of these big companies are patterning their customer service after the USPS and cant understand why their customers are so unhappy.

This was my dealing with Xante yesterday regarding getting a spare part. I call in and ask for tech support and explain the part. They say send them a picture. I sent them a photo of the part with my finger on the part. After an hour they finally get back to me with a part number. They tell me I have to call in to get a price. I call in and I am told only 1 person can give me the price. I leave a VM for her. After an hour of no call back I call and she tells me that she didn't get a VM. I give her the part number and she tells me it is for a totally different part. Back on hold again for 10 minutes and and I am given the correct part number and price. The kicker is that the tell me they might or might not have the part. Of course my machine is down with no idea on when I will know if can get the part.

BillJ

Contact Okidata - in the USA 800-654-3282 - the odds are they can provide a local Oki dealer who can get the part. Very little of the Xante is proprietary.

Xante has very little understanding of the market they serve. When they came out with their envelope configuration in 2009, it incorporated a bottom load feeder. (If you want production speed and efficiency, it has to be top-load). That feeder was so problematic that they introduced a second feeder...you guessed it; bottom feed again. Finally, they licensed the Straightshooter, a very good top-feeder.

When you buy a Xante, you pay a very large premium for what is essentially an Okidata. And you will continue to pay due to the chipped (RFID) consumables. (Their software, however, is quite good.)

Thanks damfino. I have a parts machine in a different office that i will take the parts from. I did find the part from an Okidata dealer for half the price.

I have found it easier to deal with Xante problems through our local agent rather than deal with Xante on the phone, but Xante has returned all my calls to them and has tried to be helpful. I have found the Xante Illumina is extremely "supply sensitive;" if there are any issues with the drums, toner, or belt (especially the belt) the quality of the print really suffers. If supplies are OK and if you keep the inside of the printer clean (important), the drums and belt will print with good quality to the end of their life- exception being defective supply items that of which I haven't come across yet although one belt mechanism on ours did break in to pieces when it was down to 1% of its life which I found interesting.

I have found it easier to deal with Xante problems through our local agent rather than deal with Xante on the phone, but Xante has returned all my calls to them and has tried to be helpful. I have found the Xante Illumina is extremely "supply sensitive;" if there are any issues with the drums, toner, or belt (especially the belt) the quality of the print really suffers. If supplies are OK and if you keep the inside of the printer clean (important), the drums and belt will print with good quality to the end of their life- exception being defective supply items that of which I haven't come across yet although one belt mechanism on ours did break in to pieces when it was down to 1% of its life which I found interesting.

Really? I have yet to get anything close to the life line - as outlined by Xante - on ANY consumable they have shipped to me, other than the toner.
Every Drum and Belt has been chaged out anywhere from 67% down to 10% of life. Belts I admit are the best but rarely do I get below 20% before changing due to poor quality.

Really? I have yet to get anything close to the life line - as outlined by Xante - on ANY consumable they have shipped to me, other than the toner.
Every Drum and Belt has been chaged out anywhere from 67% down to 10% of life. Belts I admit are the best but rarely do I get below 20% before changing due to poor quality.

Over the past year it seems the drum quality has become much better and they last the full life without unacceptable degradation of print quality. The year prior that was not the case, and I was swapping them out with about 20% of indicated life left for various problems.

-Mark-

Out of Curiosity did you try what he suggested doing?

I am not surprised you didnt get a response to that last email. Why would that person respond to you yelling at him?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back