Xerox 1000 and machine issues...

yanger

We've worked with Xerox for as long as I've worked here at my place. Just wanted to see what type of papers you guys use with it since we're having troubles left and right. this X1000 was just installed two weeks ago with a EFI frontend, the full color package, extra two paper feeders and professional finisher and a proof/stacker.

Here are the issues we're fighting with on the X1000 :p

Issue #1: paper dust. we use hammermil 28# 100 brights and the tech is claiming there's lots of paper fiber all around the paper path.

Issue #2: label stocks - we actually ran xerox standard label stocks and it's causing grime buildup on the external heat roll. anyone tried using pressure sensative stocks?

Issue #3: for some odd reason, we must be the only weird company to run 8.5x14 legal 28# stock as well as the 11x17/8.5x11, 12x18, and 13x19s, but after 9000 impressions, the fuser belt was damaged.

so, just checking up on you guys on what paper stocks you guys use? thanks!

Yanger we have a x800 with the extra feeder and a stacker, we have about 1.4 mil impressions on it and my experience with this machine is that it is very picky as to the stock you use. We use endurance cover & book and have had good results, but we have to keep cleaning the belts in the transport every 40k impressions and also need to keep the upper cooling belt clean or you'll get constant jams specially on lighter weights. Never have had issues with fused belts wearing out. I also think that the right technician makes huge difference, we are fortunate to have a couple who have a lot of experience.
That's my $0.02

We've worked with Xerox for as long as I've worked here at my place. Just wanted to see what type of papers you guys use with it since we're having troubles left and right. this X1000 was just installed two weeks ago with a EFI frontend, the full color package, extra two paper feeders and professional finisher and a proof/stacker.

Here are the issues we're fighting with on the X1000 :p

Issue #1: paper dust. we use hammermil 28# 100 brights and the tech is claiming there's lots of paper fiber all around the paper path.

Issue #2: label stocks - we actually ran xerox standard label stocks and it's causing grime buildup on the external heat roll. anyone tried using pressure sensative stocks?

Issue #3: for some odd reason, we must be the only weird company to run 8.5x14 legal 28# stock as well as the 11x17/8.5x11, 12x18, and 13x19s, but after 9000 impressions, the fuser belt was damaged.

so, just checking up on you guys on what paper stocks you guys use? thanks!

Hello, My 1000 unit was installed at the end of Decmber and I also have a professional finisher with bookletmaker. I had some issues with fuser belt and colling fillters. Your fuser belt doesn't last long but I think it should last more then 50,000 imprers. My service guy says it's a problem with a switch which controls the way fuser belt moves. Keep all the cover on where you have cooling filters otherwise you will have paper jams. I use a lot of Supreme Silk paper 12x18, 80lb, 100lb, and Xerox Elite Gloss 80lb and 100lb. I recently printed a very large job on Accent offset 60lb and 70lb. Paper size was weired 12.5 x 18.5 and it worked well. I think machine works a lot better now then it was before. Good luck.

.....we have to keep cleaning the belts in the transport every 40k impressions and also need to keep the upper cooling belt clean or you'll get constant jams specially on lighter weights. ......

How do you clean the upper cooling belt? What do you use for cleaning? I'm getting lot's of jams on lighter stock...

How do you clean the upper cooling belt? What do you use for cleaning? I'm getting lot's of jams on lighter stock...

It is in the XPP book but you just open up the cooling area, take the plastic covers and handle off the upper belt, cam the belt and slide it off. I use Xerox film cleaner. I clean the inside of the belt and also the metal unit that the belt rides on. The underside of that unit tends to get really dirty. Do the reverse to put it back together but when you put the belt on make sure that you have it aligned properly. There are 2 lines on the metal cooling (radiator) area that the belt rests on, make sure the edge of the belt (operator side) is between the lines.

We often find that the jams on light stock disguise themselves as cooling area jams but are really happening in the fuser. I would clean the fuser out along with the cooling area. To clean the fuser pull it out, remove the belt and clean all the black crap off the rollers. Replace the oil wick and the clean the pad assembly good (or replace it).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back