Xerox stock issues from the Xerox -> Domtar transfer/convergence

yanger

Hey guys. Long time :)

Just curious on if anyone of you guys are having issues ordering Xerox brand stocks from either direct-xerox, or 3rd party companies (unisource, xpedx, etc)....

From what I have read and gathered, Xerox is moving their paper line to Domtar, and it's all going chaotic right now .... just wanted to see if anyone here uses Xerox papers and/or domtar papers and are having issues ordering from them at all as well.

We knew it was coming down (with problems) and ordered extra paper to tied us until we get the new xerox pipeline set up or change to a different brand.

We knew it was coming down (with problems) and ordered extra paper to tied us until we get the new xerox pipeline set up or change to a different brand.

Ditto we use a lot of xerox for coated stock, we ordered about 3 skids. Unfortunately the one stock we use the most 3R11484 was on back order and never shipped with Xerox before they closed. Enterprise Group took over that order and have actually been pretty friendly. My issue now is that if you order through EG you have to order 40 case at a time to avoid freight charges. With Xerox it was just a $300 minimum which was normally only 6-7 cases. EG is currently honoring our Xerox contract prices but if we paid freight on top of that it is no longer such a good deal.

We are ordering through MAC papers, but, since Domtar picked up Xerox papers, you should be able to order through any of your local suppliers that carry Domtar brand (Unisource, Mac, etc.)

We use MAC as well but never got our Xerox from them because our pricing from Xerox was better then what MAC could get. Domtar is MAC's biggest vendor however so I gave my branch manager the stocks I would like and the price we are currently getting. I'm hoping that with their relationship with Domtar they can match pricing now.

We pull from the same MAC shuttle system so maybe if you give them some pressure too we can avoid Enterprise Group.

Just use the Futura stock, on our machine it actually ran better than the Xerox brand. The techs were laughing their butts off when we showed them too!

Just use the Futura stock, on our machine it actually ran better than the Xerox brand. The techs were laughing their butts off when we showed them too!

Where do you buy Futura in Ohio? We use a lot of Futura stock but we are having issues with the supplier and are looking for a new source.

Funny you should say that, I once had a ream of 3R11481 with a Futura label on it but a Xerox ream wrapper. I just assumed newpage made all of their coated stock and I would think now that Domtar was making the uncoated all along.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back