Xerox 1000i input

AP90

So I will be signing for a 1000i tomorrow. Pretty excited about the move. Current volume is about 300-350k, so it should settle in good and get good consistent use. Feel like I have got a pretty good deal from Xerox. Basically just wanting to know if there's anything I should know about this machine that I haven't probably already read on here or heard from the sales people? The quality looks amazing, and in the xerox line the next is an iGen, which we have neither the money or space for. Feel free to comment on anything about the 1000i you might have to say. I welcome all input!

We have two 1000's. Love em. We previously had a KM C8000 that was a dog. And also a Canon VP6000 that was a decent machine, but SLOW compared to the Xerox 1000's.
Our 1000's are good solid workhorses. All our tech's warned us we'd probably have more down time in the winter due to a lack of humidification, but we actually didn't have much problem with it at all - they kept on cranking.

The 1000's rock! I think I see service about every 6 weeks, maybe. You will find that it needs more operator attention, but way less service downtime. Make sure you take advantage of the TKO and make sure you get the Full Width Array (if it is even an option).

From what I understand, the 1000i comes the the full width array as standard.
We currently have a 1000 and love it. Currently we are talking to Xerox to get a 1000i also. The big thing for us is the rip. I can not tell you how much I hate the FreeFlow rip we currently have.
I want the Fiery on the new machine, but don't want 2 different rips in the shop, so trying to get the FreeFlow replace.
I don't know for sure that the Fiery is better as I have never used one, but I can't imagine it can be worse than the FreeFlow.

We have Fiery on our 1000's. While I think Fiery has gotten worse over the years (I think it's gotten more and more bloated with unnecessary options with every release), I've heard bad things about Freeflow. I used the very first version of Freeflow on black and white Docutechs years ago, and it was filled with bad enough bugs that it cost Xerox the account, and the machines were replaced with Digimasters. I'm assuming it's come a long way since then, but I've heard it's still pretty clunky.

Thanks for all the opinions guys. Were pretty excited about the move. This will be mainly an in-house printer for us, but will also help us expand into other areas. But man this printer is BIG! Were having to do some major re-arranging to get this thing in here. The rep we spoke with also mentioned that most of his installs are running 600-700k a month on them without even breaking a sweat. Were still looking at about 3-4 weeks before we get it installed, and I'm sure that time will fly by. Please continue to share anything about the 1000i and I will hopefully be able to give updates as well.

For those of you who have a 1000i, will it print t-shirt transfers? Because on the brochure I received it had a picture of a t shirt in the examples, but I cannot find anything on the recommended media list about it. If someone could help with that Id appreciate it.

actually we're real unhappy with our 1000. Something we completely overlooked and skipped in our due diligence process. The toner is insanely glossy, makes it impossible to print flat matte materials on a matte stock - prints jump out at you being much glossier than the matte stock. We would much rather have a matte toner and find our own way to make glossy if necessary (UV Coating). being locked into a glossy toner is a real turn off for us now (as we realized it) and our next machine will possibly be an indigo (fingers crossed). Otherwise a real production horse, great value for the price.

So far we have had great success with our 1000's...Way less downtime than the KM800's we replaced...TKO is great if you have a good operator.

actually we're real unhappy with our 1000. Something we completely overlooked and skipped in our due diligence process. The toner is insanely glossy, makes it impossible to print flat matte materials on a matte stock - prints jump out at you being much glossier than the matte stock. We would much rather have a matte toner and find our own way to make glossy if necessary (UV Coating). being locked into a glossy toner is a real turn off for us now (as we realized it) and our next machine will possibly be an indigo (fingers crossed). Otherwise a real production horse, great value for the price.

Not sure how you missed the gloss when looking at the machine - It is still a toner based machine after all... The Indigo does print very close to an offset look, but I'd be prepared for a whole lot more downtime. I've worked in 3 shops that had Indigo's and those hoods are up a lot on those things.

we just did not know (new here). Since then I heard of matte toner machines (is it versant is it?) and Australian (i think) version of 1000 with a matte toner as well

My experience here is the machines that print "matte" look fake unless printed on uncoated or dull paper. 90% of our prints are on gloss text/cover and the 1000 output is a darn close match to offset in overall gloss of print. Our KM6000 on the other hand looks like crayon on gloss sheets.

Just about Every xerox color production machine is Matt toner . I have had no complaints about this ! I have operated both indigo and 1000 , the 1000 has better up time and looks offset to me . I have been I the industry for 23 years , 15 in digital print.

We're on our second 1000i (first was replaced as colour was very inconsistent and eventually corrupted system boards) but are still not happy with output in particular what Xerox are calling trail edge bleed. We cannot seem to get a sharp edge on the prints.

For example text with a 50% tint of black appear to come across as a gradient and reversed out type (over image) fades back into image.

We've been told this is an issue with the speed these machines run at and 1000 users have had this for a while (apparently not this bad though) however we upgraded from an 800. Never have we (or would we) sign up for a piece of equipment which is a downgrade in quality.

Any who, we're trying to get our machine downgraded to an 800i but this particular issue has been escalated to Xerox Japan I believe to see what can be done.

Anyone else noticed this problem on either 1000 or 1000i?

We have problem with new xerox 1000 (2 month in use), when is 100% color, all is ok and sharp print, sharp letters,
but when is 80%... or 50%... od 20%... color, right side letters are sharp, but left side is slightly blurry, visible blurry... :(

We have problem with new xerox 1000 (2 month in use), when is 100% color, all is ok and sharp print, sharp letters,
but when is 80%... or 50%... od 20%... color, right side letters are sharp, but left side is slightly blurry, visible blurry... :(

That's what Xerox are calling the trail edge bleed. I believe Fuji Xerox NZ are currently trying to prove that it's an issue to Japan.

It's essentially made our 1000i unusable and most work is being run out a Versant where it's not quite as bad.

That's what Xerox are calling the trail edge bleed. I believe Fuji Xerox NZ are currently trying to prove that it's an issue to Japan.

It's essentially made our 1000i unusable and most work is being run out a Versant where it's not quite as bad.

we have exact same issue with our 1000 and had techs here multiple times and also "escalated to japan" but now just accepted it and learned to leave with it

In our neighborhood, there is another xerox 1000, 3 year old, and print is perfect....
Print is on the edge of acceptability, it is so sad for new machine, top class.. :(

Congrats for your decision! Have you ordered the 5th color housing? Have you seen Clear, Gold or Silver on it? Really expands the range of applications you can offer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back