Xerox 252 print quality problem

dynamicprinter

I have a Xerox Docucolor 252 and when I print or copy I get a 1/2" wide light band thru the print. Starts on lead edge to tail edge of sheet and under a loop looks like the yellow isn't as dense in this area.
I changed the drums any other ideas?
Would appreciate any help.

Does the 252 have charge corotrons? If so run a corotron test sheet and see what happens, it may be time to change them out.

It looks like it has a single corotron charge unit. I'm not sure what the corotron test is but, When copying and printing 100% black appears to be okay. It's when I add color the light band appears (actually 1/4" wide not 1/2 as I earlier stated) from lead edge to tail. After copying and printing several combinations it seems like it is in at least 2 (y,c) units but maybe all 3 colors.

send 4 pages to print :
100% Black
100% Cyan
100% Magenta
100% Yellow

whichever has the problem, replace the Drum Cartridge.

did you do the CMYK test? Do you see the problem with all 4 colors? If so, then someone needs to change the Transfer Belt.

swap the magenta and cyan drums. Re run the test. If you are correct, the problem should stay with Cyan. If so, you need a service tech to look at the toner housing inside the machine.

With a second set of eyes looking at the prints all colors printed at 100% (C,M,Y) have the line or stripe but not 100% black. Also the line does not move it is in the same position every time lead edge to tail edge.

Last edited:
If its a faded line in cyan then the tech has to come in and clean the ros unit or replace it. Send 70% half tones of each color. Yellow defects are hard to see. If magenta is ok then send red to see if yellow id good. If cyan is good then send green. It could be the developer housings but most likely the ros. You can check the developer 'brush' by taking out the drum and looking at it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back