Xerox 560 Billing Question...

kdw75

When you send over a file that has 2 sheets of paper, and one is full color while the other is black and white, does it count both as color like the lower end machines or on the production machines to they charge accurately?

When printing newsletter and booklets with many black pages mixed with a few color pages accurate billing would be very nice.

Last edited:
If you print the pages on separate sheets you will get 1 color click and 1 BW click. If you print BW page on one side of the paper and color on the other side you will still get charged for 1 color click and 1 BW click.

If you impose the 2 pages on one side of the paper (2-up) , you will be charged for 1 color click.

That is great news. We print some books and they have a color cover and one color center page with several black pages between them.

If you print the pages on separate sheets you will get 1 color click and 1 BW click. If you print BW page on one side of the paper and color on the other side you will still get charged for 1 color click and 1 BW click.

If you impose the 2 pages on one side of the paper (2-up) , you will be charged for 1 color click.

Sorry, I have to question this because it's a sticking point with us and am wondering how this engine can distinguish between B&W clicks and color clicks. What happens if the B&W side has crop marks that are registration color (100% all colors) or images that are CMYK black instead of grayscale? Because in both of those instances, our KM machines register as a color click on the B&W side and I have run these jobs through a PitStop grayscale conversion action in order to get a B&W click. This is part of the reason I believe Adobe FAILED EPICALLY in the digital printing world by suddenly deciding grayscale conversions need the "Separation All" colorants in registration marks when doing a grayscale color conversion in Acrobat XI. What a stupid decision by management.

Unless theres is a page-by-page variable that has to be manually input by the operator in the interface, please give me more info on how this engine determines B&W clicks -vs- color clicks because I'm curious. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have to question this because it's a sticking point with us and am wondering how this engine can distinguish between B&W clicks and color clicks. What happens if the B&W side has crop marks that are registration color (100% all colors) or images that are CMYK black instead of grayscale? Because in both of those instances, our KM machines register as a color click on the B&W side and I have run these jobs through a PitStop grayscale conversion action in order to get a B&W click. This is part of the reason I believe Adobe FAILED EPICALLY in the digital printing world by suddenly deciding grayscale conversions need the "Separation All" colorants in registration marks when doing a grayscale color conversion in Acrobat XI. What a stupid decision by management.

Unless theres is a page-by-page variable that has to be manually input by the operator in the interface, please give me more info on how this engine determines B&W clicks -vs- color clicks because I'm curious. Thanks.

IF the document you are printing has any color it will be charged as color click. You have to be really carefull when printing BW-jobs, because sometimes customers use CMYK black instead of just grayscale.

Also those pesky registration/cut marks are often CMYK! The only way to be sure is write your copy count before and after you print a sheet and see if both miters clicked once.

This negates the use of registration, but make a custom colour in your spot colour dictionary called Registration and make that colour 100% black only.
This way the registration marks can't be used to check registration any more, but black and white pages with registration marks will count as black clicks.

This negates the use of registration, but make a custom colour in your spot colour dictionary called Registration and make that colour 100% black only.
This way the registration marks can't be used to check registration any more, but black and white pages with registration marks will count as black clicks.

This is a darn good idea. [smacks forehead]

I know in CorelDraw you can tell it to use black only for registration/trim marks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back