Xerox 560 to C75 Experience...

kdw75

I thought I would share our experience in upgrading from a Xerox 560 to the C75.

We had been using a Xerox 560 with the attached Fiery for around 5 months, and during that time ran roughly 200K clicks through it, most of which were 13x19 gloss. It was a brand new machine and twice it had print quality problems that required re-filling of the developer units, and Xerox techs told us that the heavy coverage we ran contributed to the problem. Other than that the machine didn't need service. Some of the limitations, that quickly became apparent, were it's inability to duplex any gloss media reliably. Expect frequent jams if you duplex. We spent enough time clearing jams that we quit using duplexing on anything that used coated or heavy papers.

We upgraded to a C75 though and have had it for 2 months. During that time we have run just shy of 270K clicks on it, again most of which are 11x17 or larger, and I must say the difference so far is like night and day. The C75 hasn't had any service calls, since the initial setup, and it duplexes everything we throw at it flawlessly. We have duplexed everything from 310gsm gloss to 70lb coated text, and it hasn't flinched.

Considering that we are exceeding the AMPV of 75K by quite a bit and running very heavy coverage, I must say I am impressed. Before upgrading I was skeptical that there was much mechanically different between the two machines, but I must admit that I have been proven wrong so far.

KDW75, great to hear the good report on the Xerox Color C75 Press, I am the Xerox product marketing manager for the C75 and J75. Have you tried SIQA (creating automatic paper alignments see Xerox C&J 75 Simple Image Quality Adjustment (SIQA) Media Registration - YouTube ) this is a great feature to get spot on front to back registration – we also have a reference guide on Xerox.com if you need it for the first time you create profiles. The C75 also has and inline decurler so heaver stock is coming out nice and flat. The Xerox 560 is a great product but when you need that extra production boost for heavy stocks and auto duplexing it was good that you could upgrade to the C75. Best of luck and thanks for being a Xerox customer. Regards, Brian

The SIQA was very important for us. On the 560 we had issues with the colors being different on one side of the machine. The would cause us to have to run critical color jobs fewer up and in the center. Now with SIQA we no longer have that issue and the ability to quickly remove the image distortion and side to side mis-alignment have saved us a lot of time. It has also made the post-press people much happier, as they don't have to try and cut down jobs that weren't sized properly because of image distortion down the sheet.

I must say that I think the advertised print volume for this machine is pretty conservative.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back