Xerox 700 folding is (*&%$^&#(

mojoprime

so, i'v e got a xerox 700 with the light production finisher and the c/z fold. the first thing that happened was that i was told it would fold coated paper. CED says no. then, that it would fold "our paper." our paper standard is a 105gsm sheet. according to the CED, this is too heavy -- you'd actually have to use a 24lb or lighter uncoated sheet to fold.

this is insane. the bleed-though on a sheet that thin pretty much rendered it useless for brochures with any sort of coverage.

so my question -- THOSE OF YOU WITH 700s: have you been able to fold (c/z) using the 700 on paper higher than 90gsm? if so, can you give me detailed instructions how you got it to work? if not, i'm going to tell xerox to come and get this part of the machine.

get an external folder - that unit is just useless at folding. it will fold it though but its useless in lining it up, etc

yeah, we've got a folder but i was hoping the whole thing would be turnkey...that's how it was sold to us.

ah, gotta love salesmen. and tech support. and level 2 tech support...

how do you get it to pull the coated stock? when i set it to uncoated, it always tells me the wrong paper stock is loaded in X tray.

which RIP are you running? i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

When the paper is put in the tray, it asks for weight, size etc. I select uncoated and it works OK. There may be a difference in print quality, but this has not been a problem for me so far.

I am running a Fiery RIP.

the 700 is a picky machine. My experience has been you’re better off to fold on a separate folder. Even if you get the 700 to work folding on it will slow you down tremendously!! and be sure to watch for jams

I often fold 200gsm Gloss Art booklets on our 700. The only issue I have if i use the 'Square Edge Trimmer' option we have - as it causes toner cracking when I try making the fold too tight.

Many apologies, I read your post wrong. I didn't even know there was a trifold finisher. I'm talking about booklets. Still 90gsm for a trifold is pathetic..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back