Xerox 700 Stacker

Stressed

This may be a stupid question...

The stacker on our Xerox 700 appears to have a depth of almost 50cm but tells us that it is full when it only reaches about half that. According to the manual it can accept 3000 sheets of 80gsm paper. We only get about 1500 sheets before we are told its full.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
It may go by the weight as well as the height of what's on the stacker, but if your only getting 1500 sheets of 80gsm, I'd let the tech know about it.

Stacker woes

Stacker woes

Is your paper curling on the edges? If it curls you will get the message that the stacker is full.

I'm wondering if perhaps they say 3000 sheets, but only spec that for 8.5x11 sheets, larger sheets being half that amount?

I'm wondering if perhaps they say 3000 sheets, but only spec that for 8.5x11 sheets, larger sheets being half that amount?

Except for the stackers with the roll-out dolly carts, all stackers from all manufacturers only do half their spec for larger-than-letter (or larger-than-A4).

They don't go by weight, they count.

Except for the stackers with the roll-out dolly carts, all stackers from all manufacturers only do half their spec for larger-than-letter (or larger-than-A4).

They don't go by weight, they count.

You are right about the half spec for large sheets but the stuff I know goes by the tray height to say if it's full not the sheet count. Probably doesn't make any difference but whatever :)

There is a height sensor, and a depth sensor. I don't think it counts (because when u pull X amount off the stack, the stacker will raise up to compensate) and the rating, per the xerox documentation, is based on 20# stock, We use hammermill 28# as the standard [xerox prefers impressions 24#] and it fills to about 1500-2000 sheets (we have the light productivity finisher package)

There is a height sensor, and a depth sensor. I don't think it counts (because when u pull X amount off the stack, the stacker will raise up to compensate) and the rating, per the xerox documentation, is based on 20# stock, We use hammermill 28# as the standard [xerox prefers impressions 24#] and it fills to about 1500-2000 sheets (we have the light productivity finisher package)

According to the service manuals, the Xerox C and D finishers definitely do count. (The Light Production is a D finisher.)

You can tell because if you use a really thin paper, like a 16lb which I often do, and it reaches 3000 (or 1500 for tabloid) it will still stop, even though the height sensor hasn't triggered. Conversely, if you use a bulky paper (but still "plain") the height sensor will trigger BEFORE the stated quantity and stop anyway. (Obviously...)

I've also "confused" my finisher, before I knew better, by pulling out the stacks mid-stream a little bit at a time as it came out. (I was hand folding a job (!) and was folding them roughly the same speed the machine was spitting them out.) Once it got to just over 3000 sheets, it stopped claiming the finisher tray was "full" even though it only had about 1/2" in there at the time. ;)

As to the ORIGINAL question by the original poster, though, I think it was just a matter of stacking less because it is larger sheet.

Thanks guys - the engineers are looking at it and love a challenge. Think the suggestions about larger format (A3 paper) may mean the amount is halved that of A4.

Once the techs stop arguing I'll let you all know - thanks again.

According to the service manuals, the Xerox C and D finishers definitely do count. (The Light Production is a D finisher.)

You can tell because if you use a really thin paper, like a 16lb which I often do, and it reaches 3000 (or 1500 for tabloid) it will still stop, even though the height sensor hasn't triggered. Conversely, if you use a bulky paper (but still "plain") the height sensor will trigger BEFORE the stated quantity and stop anyway. (Obviously...)

I've also "confused" my finisher, before I knew better, by pulling out the stacks mid-stream a little bit at a time as it came out. (I was hand folding a job (!) and was folding them roughly the same speed the machine was spitting them out.) Once it got to just over 3000 sheets, it stopped claiming the finisher tray was "full" even though it only had about 1/2" in there at the time. ;)

As to the ORIGINAL question by the original poster, though, I think it was just a matter of stacking less because it is larger sheet.

Ricoh stuff has a sensor in that reads the tray height. They have one in the middle and one at the bottom. When doing letter size the tray keeps going down until it hits the lower sensor and when doing large size it stops at the middle one.

Now where is that Konica guy to tell us how those work :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back