xerox 700i value

bigben

I own a large format print shop and a customer of mine is selling is xerox 700i with 1.3m click on it. The machine is under service contract and I was wondering how much should I pay for it. He's asking 13K$. I'm not a professional in this area, so a little help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

$13k sounds like a reasonable price if the 700i has enough accessories such as dual high-capacity feed trays, an external Fiery RIP, and a booklet maker. Without those features, it's much less productive. If you plan to keep it on Xerox service, be sure to get a quote for click charges. If Xerox wants more than $0.08 per click, it won't be competitive with newer machines in the market.

$13k sounds like a reasonable price if the 700i has enough accessories such as dual high-capacity feed trays, an external Fiery RIP, and a booklet maker. Without those features, it's much less productive. If you plan to keep it on Xerox service, be sure to get a quote for click charges. If Xerox wants more than $0.08 per click, it won't be competitive with newer machines in the market.
I'm sorry, I've forgot about the accessories. Yes it has the dual high-capacity feed trays, ans external riery RIP and the booklet maker. I'll try to check the details about the service contract for the click price. We will see then. Thanks for the reply

Most people are getting rid of the 700i's and going to newer technology, are your customers picky about quality?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back