Xerox 700i

Our new 700 was installed this week. The "Instore Upgrade to 700i" takes place in the next couple weeks. It consists of 3 components, software upgrades for the Freeflow Pro Server, hardware upgrades for the 700, and licensing requirements. This upgrade is the first "Instore Upgrade to 700i" in Australia.

Our new 700 was installed this week. The "Instore Upgrade to 700i" takes place in the next couple weeks. It consists of 3 components, software upgrades for the Freeflow Pro Server, hardware upgrades for the 700, and licensing requirements. This upgrade is the first "Instore Upgrade to 700i" in Australia.

Anew RIP at last, taken long enough!

machine frame is the same and paper path too,so paper jam will occur on regular intervals

hardware is the same, but the software is new. Many things can be improved and corrected with new firmware. The new firmware will address that.

getting ready to upgrade from Docucolor 242 to the 700i. One feature I'm looking forward to is the de-curler.

The "instore upgrade" started last Friday and was completed today. Some software/firmware issues / licensing issues but its resolved now. I was surprised to learn that there were no hardware upgrades only firmware software upgrades. From today we move from 220gsm duplex to 300gsm duplex.

So if you had loaded 300gsm paper and set the deck to 220gsm and printed the job last week what would have happened? I ask this because VERY shortly after my install on our 8000AP they increased the duplex to 300gsm and basically stated in the CED to do just that, lie to the machine. No firmware/software upgrades, just lie to it.

Just had my 700i installed last week. Right now I'm having issues with it jumping from tray to tray for no reason. Tech man supposed to be back Mon. to fix it. Any one else had this issue?

Craig, we use to lie to our Xerox 700 when running 100# cover telling it that it was 200 GSM. Worked fine till a set of "plastic" gears wore down from doing that.

Craig, we use to lie to our Xerox 700 when running 100# cover telling it that it was 200 GSM. Worked fine till a set of "plastic" gears wore down from doing that.

The plastic gears are still the same ones here too, but we are selecting 300gsm duplex on the Freeflow Server and it accepting this, the 700i knows this from the server to I suppose there was and update in software for 700 to 700i, but the hardware is same as it was for a 700. We've just a sticker on front that reminds us it is 700i :)

The plastic gears are still the same ones here too, but we are selecting 300gsm duplex on the Freeflow Server and it accepting this, the 700i knows this from the server to I suppose there was and update in software for 700 to 700i, but the hardware is same as it was for a 700. We've just a sticker on front that reminds us it is 700i :)

I wanted to check in on this as we have a 700 and are looking at doing more duplex VDP with 300gsm, right now we just do VDP on one side with thicker stocks. How has the upgraded 700 run so far with 300gsm doing duplex? Our tech told us we could fudge the gsm in the fiery but we do not want gears breaking.

I wanted to check in on this as we have a 700 and are looking at doing more duplex VDP with 300gsm, right now we just do VDP on one side with thicker stocks. How has the upgraded 700 run so far with 300gsm doing duplex? Our tech told us we could fudge the gsm in the fiery but we do not want gears breaking.

When we duplex on 300gsm the server software reduces the speed of the 700i to allow for the fuser temperature to increase to fuse the toner properly. Of course this slows the 700i down massively but we just leave the 700i running with no operator in attendance and it runs perfectly. It is fusing of toner you have keep an eye on rather than worrying about the gears when running THICKER stock. We get the techies in about once a month to realign the print areas. We've learnt by trial and error a bit but the 700i works very well for us and heaps better quicker than sending to an offset printer and then waiting days to get the work back now we can print and deliver same usually.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back