Xerox C60/70?

mojoprime

hey, does anybody have any experience with these or know of any issues? at first glance, it looks essentially, like the 700/700i/c75/j75 platform with a pretty new case and better FTB registration -- 1.2mm vs 5. other than that, it seems sort of the same. thanks in advance.

These replace the 560 and 570. These definitely aren't in the same class as the printers you mentioned. They are a step up as far as durability.

do you know about the print quality? do they have the same banding issues that those presses have?

We just got a c60 (with an in-line fiery) installed replacing our dying 700 with a creo front end.

Compared to the 700, the beast is slower. Quieter. It's more based off the 250 with 700 stuff and parts moved around (the decurler isn't next to the fuser anymore). We haven't done much to it yet since it was installed a few days ago (and we already put 30,000 clicks on it lol)

Stock handling is really messy. I like the fiery/x1000 method for stock handling, but this machine is not like that at all.

More details when we have time to play with it...

Oh, spoiler alert.
The 700 fuser works on the c60, you have to move the notches around to match the c60 notches. We can't confirm that this is safe, but our old 700 fuser boxes list the c60 as compatible.

Last edited:
We had a 560 at one point. There was no comparison between it and the C75. The C75 is much more durable, and much better at paper handling. A printer a few blocks over upgraded to the C60 from the 550. They are happy with it. I feel like anything below the C75 though, isn't really meant for production work.

We had a 560 at one point. There was no comparison between it and the C75. The C75 is much more durable, and much better at paper handling. A printer a few blocks over upgraded to the C60 from the 550. They are happy with it. I feel like anything below the C75 though, isn't really meant for production work.

I agree 100%. We went from a 550 to the C75 and there is a night and day difference. The C75 is much more robust, has better paper handling etc. I expect the C60 to be a great office machine but I would steer away from it as a production machine. The Versant 80 does not cost that much more per month.

and as an update, we did decide to go with the V80. and we haven't looked back. the only thing i can say bad about it is that it does seem to consume toner at a higher rate, but coverage is clear, clean and smooth, no banding and gradients are clean. this was a real winner for us. duplexing on 300gsm stocks is a huge time saver.

and as an update, we did decide to go with the V80. and we haven't looked back. the only thing i can say bad about it is that it does seem to consume toner at a higher rate, but coverage is clear, clean and smooth, no banding and gradients are clean. this was a real winner for us. duplexing on 300gsm stocks is a huge time saver.

When I run our C75, which uses the smaller toner cartridges like the V80, I am constantly changing them out. We had a 10,000 13x19 heavy coverage run on the C75, and I changed out about 8 or 9 toner cartridges. One advantage to the bigger machines, as our 2100 seems to have about twice the capacity.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back