Xerox DC 770 - Paper jam from all trays

JulianMue

Hello, I`ve got a problem with a Xerox DC 770. There is paper jam with every sort of paper and from all trays up from the first sheet, which stops directly after starting the job. Has somebody an idea, could it be a motor, sensor or another hardware damage? Thanks a lot!

Possumgal

My first thought would be a sensor, or some little scrap of paper stuck just where the paper goes into the main printing engine from all trays. Check the slots on the incoming side. Perhaps slide some stiff paper through the slots to make sure there's nothing there. A sensor could have been knocked out of place also. We had trouble with that on the duplex part.

JulianMue

Now I got the error codes. It seems to be a problem with registration sensor. But how can I check this out and repair?

071-105 from tray1

072-105 from tray2

075-135 fromt tray 5 (bypass)

Stickman42

If you can locate the sensor, try cleaning it first. Also start searching with the error code and machine model #. Here's one hit:

JulianMue

I checked the Registration Drive Assembly / motor, but there isn’t any gear broken. Everything seems to be all right

So You Want to Invest In Inkjet

I Want to Invest in Inkjet, But…
Over the past few years I’ve watched a group of transactional and direct mail printers strategically shift from monochrome toner machines to full-color toner and inkjet presses. Most banished old black-only toner boxes but kept their color toner devices around because they anticipated needing both color inkjet and toner presses to meet customer needs. They were right then and continue to be right today. Because toner and inkjet can be better together. Read the Post