Xerox Docucolor 252 - White line in Image

PrintingFools

We are running a xerox 252.

1.There is a thick white line about 1 millimeter thick.
2. The line is a new problem.
3. It is running the long edge on the 19 side of 13 X 19 and appears on all stocks.
4. It also appears on all colors CMYK
5. The problem does not move around or shift, stay put, big white stripe

Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Xerox Docucolor 252 - White line in Image

UPDATE: Xerox Docucolor 252 - White line in Image

1. happens when we copy or print from computer

2. Printed a sheet with the cmyk color bars,white line shows only in the black, but when we print a color like a mix blue or mix green, it will show up in a mixed color too.
(you would think it would just not print the black and the remaining colors would print.)

3. Changed black drum, it did not help

It looks like dust or toner particles got into the laser unit. It needs to be removed and cleaned. It's one hell of a job, so many parts to remove before you get to it. Must be done by an experienced service engineer.

We do not have service on our machine.
1. Does anyone have good instructions they can send for cleaning the laser?
2. Do you know what the actual laser unit is called?

It is actually a whole unit that needs to be replaced, not cleaned.
Each machine has two, which each control two of the colors.
You will need to set up a service contract or pay for the replacement.

I have seen this happen on at least 4 of the Doc 242's I have worked with (out of about 75).

I am not aware of any instructions availble publicly for this type of job. This is not a simple job, you need to know the machine inside out.
I remember when we had this problem it took the engineer more than 2 hours to fix it. He was a very experienced guy. He didn't actually replace the unit, he just cleaned it with a cotton bud I think. If my memory serves well, the two laser unit boxes are black in colour and located under the scanner, sorry I don't know the part number. I've even checked the engineer's service log book, he wrote down only "Laser Unit Cleaned".

Good luck.

It is the ROS unit, and I agree that this should be serviced by a Xerox tech. I doubt Xerox would even sell just the part without a full installation, but I have always had service agreements on my machines.

Thank you for all the help, because of everyones great answers , we are able to fix the problem. I have a xerox tech repair manual , the one they give the service guys...it was the ROS unit

Well done mate.

If you don't mind me asking you, how did you get the xerox tech repair manual?

WHITE LINES & repair manual

WHITE LINES & repair manual

I purchased it from a 3 rd party, it has been amazing. If you would like a copy I can send you one.

I would be very grateful if you could send me a copy. You are a star!
I never thought you could get one if you are not a xerox engineer. Wonderful!

please send to: masnsena(at)gmail.com

Please let me know if you want some money for it.

Best regards,

PrintingFools : Thank you ever so much for sharing the manual . I really appreciate it. You are very kind.

I purchased it from a 3 rd party, it has been amazing. If you would like a copy I can send you one.

Hi Printing Fools.

Have been following this thread.... Am having similar line issues with our Docucolor 252. Any chance you could fwd me the manual as well? Very difficult to find info re: servicing these units. misterokra(at)hotmail.com

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Hi PrintingFools,

I have a Xerox252C , am experiencing a similar problem , I have 2 x white lines in direction of travel. No one has been able to give me assistance or direction on the repair procedure or accesiing the ROS . I would be grateful if you could forward me the ROS Manual that you talk about.

My Email address is : [email protected] or [email protected]

Many thanks in anticipation
lewleep

If its in all colors its not the ros. There are 2 ros's. A black/cyan and a magenta/yellow ros. Run a half tone of each color to make sure.

I had the exact same problem last week on my 252 in the yellow. The tech checked the ROS, mirrors and what not but that didn't fix it. Much to our surprise, the white streak was caused by a piece of lint stuck in the developer housing. When you pull the drum out of the way and look at the silver roller with ridges and you can see a shallow spot where the lint is. It was trapped on the top of the roller so you have to remove the two screws holding the black plastic cover on and move that out of the way. Then slide a piece of paper in there to get the lint out. No more white streak. Now I have to sweep and dust my shop more often! :D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back