Xerox J75 user thoughts please

jdiggy

Looking to replace a DC5000. J75 seems like a great contender. I went for an initial demo and all looked great. The one issue I was seeing that bothered me was my coated text sheets were coming out with too much wave in the sheets and slight marks. These were in the process direction. They thought machine needed service. So, I will go back. Has this been a common issue for people? Any insight appreciated.

Thanks!

We put a j75 in exactly one month ago. We've done 112k clicks and its been a dream. Great solids and tints, no loss of quality or speed on all stocks and fiery front end is top draw! We have a 700 as well which we still use for some jobs but the j75 is a no brainer for any small print production outfit. We will look to add a second machine towards the end of the year if the work load keeps on going up

We have a j75 as well as a number of 700 / 700i / 770 machines and while I do like the J75 and some of it's new features I wouldn't spend extra money for it over our 700i. It does print heavier weights at full speed but keep in mind that this means the fuser needs to be hotter as well. For the variety of jobs we do (customers in and out all day) I think it's actually slower overall due to changing stock types approximately every 10-20 copies, waiting for the fuser to cool before it can run, then warming back up for cardstock when switching back. We've been running most cardstock jobs at the slower "standard" speed rather than productivity mode due to this and it works better. I feel like the registration is a bit better than prior generations and the halftones are perhaps a bit better (but that could be subjective perception on my part). Overall it's a good machine and I would buy another. Other contenders when we bought this machine were a Canon 7000 and the Ricoh 75 ppm machine. We really liked the Ricoh but at the end of the day were very satisfied with our other Xerox machines and the service so we played it safe. One thing that I do not like about this machine as well as prior generations is the amount of mottle we're seeing on cover weight stocks with certain color values - blue's being a big one. I had hoped Xerox would have remedied this problem after seeing it for the prior 3 generations (700, 700i, 770) but alas it seems to be even worse than our old 700 - with or without gloss mottle turned on/off

We run 2 770's and a J75. The J75 is def the workhorse. Nice machine for the cost, can take a licking IMO. Have an issue with the Fiery though.

We run 2 770's and a J75. The J75 is def the workhorse. Nice machine for the cost, can take a licking IMO. Have an issue with the Fiery though.

Do you mind me asking what the Fiery issue is. We are currently about to go from a DC242 with creo rip to J75 with fiery and the fiery is still my main concern even though I've seen a demo.

I'm reading, rip times especially.

I'm just concerned that when we got the DC242 the brochure was all about how good the creo image quality was over the fiery and then with the J75 they are saying ah sure the Fiery is fine!

It is a little slow to rip IMO and he have had problems with it crashing recently. We have sent the logs to xerox and are waiting for a resolution. Just came into the shop today with a print engine failure but it's still printing...

Cheers, the Creo crashes alot so I could live with that, as weird as it sounds.

I think I might have to see about testing ripping a few jobs to compare. I've never felt the Creo is lightning fast but at the same time we do more small run jobs so would be ripping through alot of jobs in one day. Another printer not too far from us got one in about two months ago and offered for me to view it anytime so may take them up on that offer.

We are currently looking hard at the J75 but are considering a Ricoh or KM machine TBD. I really like that we can do some replacement/service ourselves on the Xerox (currently have the 700 and like that aspect a ton), i believe that is an option on some Ricoh models but not sure about the KM machines. What made you guys choose the J75 over other machines and what else was considered? Our monthly volume is about 35M-45M 12x18 impressions.

Hi all, we also are buying a new digital machine, we are in Italy and we have tested 5 different printers, Canon 7010, The new sharp, Xerox J75, The new KM 1070 and the ricoh C651EX. After the first step of test we discarded the xerox J75 and the sharp. The J75 as the xerox we are current running, a DC700, print well on dedicated papers but have the same problems with offset papers and have the same drawers in plastic material. Sharp is a new competitor but no installation and no feedback in our country. So we are testing in the second step the others three printers. The new KM1070 seems a good product, can print envelopes and paper from 62gr. Ricoh also print easy envelopes and 50 gr paper, but we had an experience 7 years ago with a ricoh machine. Service assistance was terrible. Canon is a good product but is the most expensive and print more glossy than the other printers, so we are also in trouble.
Next step will be a production test and a front/back alignment test. i'll inform you about the tests

in my opinion is the same that DC700, Xerox print very well only on dedicated papers, KM and ricoh print well on all type offset paper

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back