Xerox J75 vs Konica Minolta bizhub C1070

gjergjfishta

Hi guys, we're a printing house with Xerox C60 currently and our current number is about 35 000 SRA3 clicks per month. We've been looking for both these machines since C60 doesn't really do the work for us.

We mainly do visitcards, broschures, flyers and posters, always SRA3 and we only use offset paper 130g/200g/300g (we've used 350g also but the C60 basically died when we did this).

So what are we after? Something that prints 300g much faster than the C60 and doesn't get paper feed problems every second minute.
Also it's a huge advantage that we can print double sided 300g directly instead of printing one side at a time manually as we do now.

As for service and prize, we've got full service + same price levels for both these new machines so what I'm after is some reviews on these two machines and the main differences between them from you guys if you have any experience with them?

I've also demo'd both machines and tried them, was impressed with both of them but I know that trying them for 10 minutes isn't the same as having them for weeks and months.

So our main problems now with C60 that we want to solve with one of these new ones:

- Faster print 300g
- Doublesided print at once 300g
- Less problems with mismatch when doing double print, we have huge problems with this on the C60

I am assuming 300g is 300gsm paper? if so, our experience has been terrible. Our j75 has been terrible, motley tints, inconsistent colour. Xerox even admits it is not working right and their own demo machines are unable to get better results. We are looking at having it replaced with a versant 80 or versant 2100. 300 gsm is the max the j75 can print, so you would always be pushing it to the extreme. the versant 80 is replacing the c75 and the versant 80i (comes out in May in Canada) replaces the j75. these new machines are rated for 350gsm and use a belt fuser. I would look at these new machines over the j75 from personal experience.

The Versant 80 is a re-badged 700/75 series, I'm betting you will have the same issues. The Belt fuser will not help with mottle, that is the transfer area.

The Versant 80 is a re-badged 700/75 series, I'm betting you will have the same issues. The Belt fuser will not help with mottle, that is the transfer area.

I think part of the problem is we are pushing the maximum GSM through the J75. With the Versant series the maximum is 350 rather then 300. We did run some of our problem files through the 2100 with much much better results.

Have you seen the Canon ImagePress C800 ?
Mine prints nicely on 300gsm stock, even does automatic doublesided printing on 350gsm.
I have written a longer post about it in another thread.

Silviu

Have you seen the Canon ImagePress C800 ?
Mine prints nicely on 300gsm stock, even does automatic doublesided printing on 350gsm.
I have written a longer post about it in another thread.

Silviu

We had looked at the Canon 7000vp series when we were shopping. Right now it is a Xerox issue that we are going to get them to replace the J75, it is not doing what they said it would, and not living up to the CED. Service has no fixes and even their test units cannot do what we want, and these are simple files. A business card with a gray background (70% black). We have a lot of different files, nothing complex, mainly tints and solids. Hoping to hear back from Xerox today, this fight with the machine has been going on way to long.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back