Xerox V180P Banner Sheets

PricelineNegotiator

Hey,

I am printing some 6 page brochures for a client and am having a hard time keeping accurate registration. Skewing is occurring mostly on the x-axis, not the y-axis. Looking for some tips on how to feed from tray 5 and maintain tight registration on 80# cover matte.

I appreciate your help!

My understanding is that XLS accuracy with the Versant series is that it is experimental and not supported beyond ensuring that XLS sheets feed. If the skewing is consistent, you might be able to correct for it in Photoshop or Indesign. @Shaar might have some ideas.

Did you get a guide that fits at the end of that tray. If not make a guide to hold the paper in the same position as it is feed from the tray. With the 3100 a guide came with it but when I was running long sheets on the 2100 I made my own guides to keep more consistency with the skew. But I almost always found I have to do some service mode alignment adjustment to get the image centered on the sheets. After that it stayed consistent as long as the sheets were cut consistent.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back