XEROX VERSANT V180 TONER ADHESION PROBLEM

Xose1976

Hello everyone.

Look attached files. Fusion is new. The problem is not new. Any idea? Problem with all papers. The picture's one is Color Copy 200gr Uncoated, from Mondi. Great paper.

Thanks

Attachments

• picture.png
    picture.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 374
I'm an offset guy so can't help.
In sheetfed offset lithography, I would call this "picking" where ink tack on blanket is stronger than paper, it physically is pulled apart.
In heatset web offset litho, I would call this "blistering" where moisture inside paper gets boiled and vaporized, bursting the paper (like popcorn).
In digital, it's poor toner adhesion to paper (melted toner powder from fuser heat).
Out of curiosity, is it always in the same location, same color build (%TIC/TAC)?
Does it change if you rotate/spin the sheet around or flip/flop the sheet over (other side)?
You say it occurs with all papers, true for different weight/caliper and finish (gloss, matte, plain)?

I'm an offset guy so can't help.
In sheetfed offset lithography, I would call this "picking" where ink tack on blanket is stronger than paper, it physically is pulled apart.
In heatset web offset litho, I would call this "blistering" where moisture inside paper gets boiled and vaporized, bursting the paper (like popcorn).
In digital, it's poor toner adhesion to paper (melted toner powder from fuser heat).
Out of curiosity, is it always in the same location, same color build (%TIC/TAC)?
Does it change if you rotate/spin the sheet around or flip/flop the sheet over (other side)?
You say it occurs with all papers, true for different weight/caliper and finish (gloss, matte, plain)?
I'm offset business too , but complementary Digital printing too (sorry for my english) I know poor adhesion and fuser is new...

Occurs on coated and uncoated

There isn't enough roller pressure or the fuser needs replacement. Double check that the paper profile weight and coating matches the package specifications. If it does not, fix it, run 'clean toner' sheets one color at a time, and try again. If that does not work, get a new fuser.

There isn't enough roller pressure or the fuser needs replacement. Double check that the paper profile weight and coating matches the package specifications. If it does not, fix it, run 'clean toner' sheets one color at a time, and try again. If that does not work, get a new fuser.
The type of paper was tested. I also did the toner and fuser cleaning, in the maintenance section of the tools tab.
Could the supposed new fuser be faulty?
It was perfectly sealed and packed. And a Xerox technician brought it in.

Panic stop the machine to see where the defect occurs.

Could be something on the cooling belts/pressure roll.

Could be a DOA reman fuser. Did problem occur before they replaced fuser?

Looks like maybe the toner density has gotten too high. When you do the routine for Uniform Density choose set for to factory default. I have seen this happen on the 2100 and 3100 where somehow the toner density gets too high if one does not set it back to factory default before doing the Uniform Density.

Is the temperature of the fuser right, you can try upping the settings, not sure what you can do with that machine. We always use to cheat and tell the machine it was printing on a thicker stock. Check your settings, is the paper rated for digital?

I'd agree with DYP and check density, it's very specific on the sheet where it's happening. I'd expect it to be all over if it was fuser.

Is the temperature of the fuser right, you can try upping the settings, not sure what you can do with that machine. We always use to cheat and tell the machine it was printing on a thicker stock. Check your settings, is the paper rated for digital?
What he says about the paper I usually apply it to some supports, but it is not the case. It is a material that has been perfect for two years. Thank you!

Looks like maybe the toner density has gotten too high. When you do the routine for Uniform Density choose set for to factory default. I have seen this happen on the 2100 and 3100 where somehow the toner density gets too high if one does not set it back to factory default before doing the Uniform Density.
I have managed to speak to a technician and he comments that he sees the problem in the mixture of toner and developer. Too much toner, if the mixture is not perfect those problems happen. What he does not understand is how it has become misaligned like that. They will finally come to see it, but he says it is going that way. In a way it IS a toner density problem. More like excess toner.

I have managed to speak to a technician and he comments that he sees the problem in the mixture of toner and developer. Too much toner, if the mixture is not perfect those problems happen. What he does not understand is how it has become misaligned like that. They will finally come to see it, but he says it is going that way. In a way it IS a toner density problem. More like excess toner.
The problem I think is if you run Uniform Density on top of Previous UD Setting without going back to the Factory Default some how it creates to much Density. Thats what I saw with the 2100 and 3100 printers.

Just run your Uniform Density and set it back to factory default. You should not need a tech for that.

The problem I think is if you run Uniform Density on top of Previous UD Setting without going back to the Factory Default some how it creates to much Density. Thats what I saw with the 2100 and 3100 printers.

Just run your Uniform Density and set it back to factory default. You should not need a tech for that.
PROBLEM SOLVED. Excess toner. The technician made me go to the maintenance and diagnostics menu (under technical mode), then to diagnostics. In that menu he has made me scroll to PROCON. There are three options. By pressing Procon ON, the machine makes some adjustments and prints a test. After doing a toner cleaning and running that test, the problem has been solved. As you say, that generated an excess of density, the machine believed that it was missing and took more toner. Look at the photo.

There was no gradient, excess toner. Using that test PROCON has returned to normal.

Thanks a lot !

Attachments

• IMG_20201127_150304.jpg
    IMG_20201127_150304.jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 278
Weird, procon should be on by default.

Panic stop means opening a door when the machine is running to stop paper throughout it's path to determine where a defect occurs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back