Xerox Versant...

I just got a quote at 130k, .042 cents per click and $600.00 service charge per month. This was there first quote. Not sure how much lower they'll go.

Wow 130k? With what config? I have not received a quote but it was my understanding that the engine, server (with GA software), feeder, finisher priced out to about 275k.

Craig does that sound about right for you? I figure you paid around $325k for the 1000 in the above config.

Yes, that was the correct price. I was surprised that was their first quote out of the Gate. That is configured with a 3 drawer feeder, and the cheap booklet maker and a Fiery.

Im going to look at it tomorrow and run some sheets. I will post my feedback. So far after looking at the Canon Imagepress c7011vps and the Konica Minolta Bizhub c1085, the KM image looks really good. Not impressed with the Canon prints.

So i look forward to running the Versant and seeing the new technology and the 10bit Image quality. Any feedback that any of you have about the Versant quality would be helpful.

The 10bit makes gradients come out looking really smooth. I have only seen provided samples, none of my own test files.

I had the oppportunity to print our test sheets on a demo machine. The output is great, much more offset-like than the 1000's and the C75/C75's. Something happened to the resolution / pixel addressing, since the screens are much more perfect, almost like on a sheet coming off a Heidelberg SM. I can't confirm the advances in the area of vignettes (aka 10-bit RIPping), ours are'nt better than on a J75.

The pricing model is way different here than in the US or in Western Europe (we're located at Budapest, Hungary), but the informal quote we get was about 120k and 0.06 for SRA3 pages.

Anyone have one and running one? We have a J75 that I really love, but a tech told me about one feature that I wish I did have, built in calibration for skew. Now I can use SIQA and get around that no problem, but I love having the ease of use that you get with SIQA.

You get all the bells and whistles like SIQA with a Versant. We ran some test prints regarding registration, and I found that to be top-notch without any adjustments. I guess it can be further enhanced using special functions.

Availability: I was told that there are a very limited number of demo and training machines out at Xerox centres. Production unit shipping will start in September-October '14.

So far, they have been quoting us over $3000/mo to lease one with the Xerox booklet maker finisher.

It makes me curious just what the click charge pricing and structure is on the iGens. I know they run a larger sheet. I had thought that maybe it worked out to being a cheaper rate since you could get several up, but I haven't ever heard.

It depends on what kind of a plan you sign up for but .004 per big sheet and $1500 base is a reasonable number.

Demo'd the Xerox versant yesterday. Very nice image quality. Quality was the same as test sheets we ran on KM Bizhub c1100. I think with the wide array the versant has a little more automation than the c1100. Profiling substrates inside the press is a really nice feature for operators. The mechanical registration as well as using the wide array for registration is a great feature. I really like both the Xerox Versant and the c1100. Decisions ..... Decisions....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back