Yellow Dots on Xerox Digital Prints

haha good luck getting it sorted...Xerox dont care one bit. they gave us the run around for 4-5 months. So now its gone the unwanted way...! KM or Canon here i come.

haha good luck getting it sorted...Xerox dont care one bit. they gave us the run around for 4-5 months. So now its gone the unwanted way...! KM or Canon here i come.
I'm still getting better quality off the xerox than I can get from my canons; it just bothers me a tiny bit that the xerox quality is degraded intentionally with the "too visible" yellow dots whereas the canons quality was degraded by drum issues, jitter, etc. I was really close to getting a KM but I prefer the finish quality of the xerox a great deal.

its not a Xerox fault with all units...its just really bad on the DC2xx range of machines even the new ones. They are suppose to be fixing it but tech guys have said they are and then they aren't going to bother because it would cost too much to replace everyones faulty hardware partrs.

Xerox had there chance to fix it and they missed it long ago. it really does give bad output quality on creams and greys and any reds or blacks it can be seen easily. what did you not like about KM quality? what model did you see?

I was looking at an Ikon 560 / KM 5501 -- the sample were technically quite consistent but just didn't wow me or the people I showed the prints to. They were a slight upgrade from my canon prints but didn't really add a new capability for me. The xerox samples had better color and tones to my eye, better black and white photos and tonality, were slightly sharper, and the major thing was that the prints on kromekote look great (better than any machine under $75,000 that I've seen excluding the imagepress c1 which is just too slow for me). The KM samples got kind of a "yea nothing wrong with that" reaction whereas when I show the xerox samples and prints to the same people so far I'm getting a "wow nice" and "I want your docucolor" reaction. In terms of the finish the KM is slightly better on uncoated (more flat) but still isn't as good as my old canons -- slightly too much sheen in the km sample prints, and slightly more 'too much sheen' in the xerox. But on kromekote or any gloss stocks the km looks terrible to my eye whereas the xerox is quite nice.

On coated stocks the KM prints are quite flat in comparison to other digital printers. If you tilt the print on a angle you will find the black areas on the others looks matt and wierd as the KM stays consistent.

The single best investment after you get a KM is a profiler, profile your stocks and you will see the prints literally jump off the page.

I've been told the HCS version is due very shortly.

what rip would you recommend? We have coming in for trial hopefully with the booklet maker and trimmer and stacker and double capacity feeder with air blowers/heaters. Not sure on the RIP though...we already have EFI Impose with the dongle and CWS...but should we get the IC-305 external rip and spectrometer and just use our current Imposition Dongle?

Technically speaking your dongle should work with that rip. However I have had problems with older style dongle's not working when plugged directly into the RIP in a FACI situation. Best check with your supplier on that one. If you have a fiery now best stick with that workflow as at the moment it has more to offer IMHO.

If your dongle is a small green one that will be ok, seems the larger purple and red ones give grief esp with the 303.

ye its the wee green one we have. So last question should i get the 303 or 305 external Fiery rip? Which is better or does it not matter? We want to get the spectrometer also

I reload the 303 and 305 with the same system CD so the only difference is processing power and funky looking case. My 303 customers have not complained about the speed of the 303 so unless they come out with something in the future for 305 only, and your not to worried about asthetics then go for the 303. The balance would probably cover the spectro.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back