your thoughts on bizhub PRO 950

rbailleu

I recieved an offer on a km bizhub PRO 950 any thoughts on it. It looks very similar to a km 6500. how long has it been on the market? specs say it runs from 13lb bond to 170lb index(300gsm) sounds nice.

To be honest I haven't done a lot with this machine. It is a wierd speed. Too fast for an office and too slow for production. Also the finishing options are pretty limited. If your looking for a production cheapy hold fire till sales start churning out the 1050's with the new 1051/1200. You have much more options with a 1050.

Last edited:
I have the Oce version with the 8.5x11 large cap tray and the stapler finisher. It runs basic plain paper simple stuff great. We use it as a quick turn copier for the simple stuff and that is what I would recomend it for. When you start doing multiple tray pulls at various weights it slows down to a crawl. Carbonless only runs decent out of high cap feeders due to the small feeder wheel in the other trays, so keep that in mind...I wish I would have gotten the tabloid size large cap instead of the letter one for that reason alone. I found it to be a third of the price of the 1050 so it is easily a better deal if you just using as a quick copier in your shop that might every once in a while be a back-up production device in a pinch.

Our digital side is just that and quick copier in the office with a bit of longer runs. ussually 40,000/ month with occassional jumps to 75,000 or 100,000. some saddle stitching. mostly just straight copies. I was pricing out some 75 cpm machines, but would like to be in a position to grow a little if the opportunities come. I dont think I need to be in the 105+cpm range just yet.

This machine is a real workhorse.

The improvements over the 920 include image quality (huge difference), the tone curve utility that allows adjustment of the gray scales, much improved driver interface, touch screen of the KM1050 and from what KM has told me the engine upgrade is really an improved 1050 in a 950 body.

I have three customers that in six months have over 800,000 clicks on the units and the only service calls have been for PMs. The pocket area for this unit is 125k a month. CPC around .0043.

This machine is a real workhorse.

The improvements over the 920 include image quality (huge difference), the tone curve utility that allows adjustment of the gray scales, much improved driver interface, touch screen of the KM1050 and from what KM has told me the engine upgrade is really an improved 1050 in a 950 body.

I have three customers that in six months have over 800,000 clicks on the units and the only service calls have been for PMs. The pocket area for this unit is 125k a month. CPC around .0043.

This is accurate. I run mine probably a little more than I should about 250k a month and service call rates are very good.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back