34 DI Operator Question

banjoman

We have to send a spot color job for the first time, anyone running this that can give me some help on settings or a quick guideline for doing this?

Thanks, Banjoman in NC

34DI spot color

34DI spot color

This is actually more for the pre press person. They were trying to send a job that was 3 spot colors and black but couldn't get it to come through the rip as solid spot colors, it would send 4 plates for each color and the only one that had any content was the K. I suggested they send it as cmyk composite and that worked just fine. If there is a right way to do this other than what we did, I would like to know that.

banjoman in NC

Hi, banjoman

What RIP are you using? And by what application do you send the job? All the RIPs I know have the option to leave the spot colors as spot or to separate them to cmyk. If you send the job to RIP already separeted to 3 spot colors and K, you might have a problem with the angles. Most RIPs will print (by default) the spot colors and K with the same angle and you might have unexpected results on press.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back