Creeping (Shingling) Saddle Stitch w/ Crossovers

I would think you would only use the PDF-toPDF solution on an as-needed basis.

Anyway, glad to hear it is somewhat solved!

Scaled Creep / Love it / BUT
FYI we did a 64+ cover for a High end camera customer and the client was not only using our proofs for color, but his lasers for content.
The scaled creep works beautifully if you dont have a client that notices the witdth of his header text or camera is almost .125 narrow in the center pages due to anomorphic scaling.
We learned we have to pick and choose where to use this feature. the book had .187 creep.. It came out beautiful but was almost a disaster.

True - that's why I only use it if crossover images are involved.

There were some serious crossovers from image spreads to charts... works beautifully .. but JUST not for THAT customer!
i have the same catologe 72 page self coming in today..

Shingled a job today in preps (signitures/layout details/inner). My question is should this be a positive number or a negative number for the amount I want to shingle? Seems to me when I was using preps years ago (2009) it was a positive number. The job I just worked on yesterday I needed to enter a negative. Is this something that may have changed with an upgrade? I don't see anything in preferences about this...

What version? Unless they changed it in 7, a positive value in the Inner dialog will shift pages toward the bind. I would check the manual just to confirm. Here's a screenshot of the 6 manual:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 8.12.52 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 8.12.52 AM.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 191
Hello,

Can anyone help with this: it is A case bound thread sewn three hundred and twenty page book, that is in 16 page folios with crossover images. Need assistance on imposition suggestions to cater for creep / shingling.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back