1999 Genesis Purup - printing from a mac problems

jupitercola77

Are there any mac users around that can help me with this issue?

The company I currently work for has a 1999 Genesis Purup. On an older mac with system version. 10.3 - the Purup can be accessed and we can print from it. However when we got new macs with a system version. 10.6 ... somehow we cannot access it to print. The Purup is set up with Windows XP 2002 using Ripmate ver. 4.2

Has anyone else have this problem?

Please let me know

Mush appreciated,
David

David,
This is common, and relates to the "enhanced" security in the Mac's newer OS.
The best fix would be to upgrade your rip (yes we can do that) and put it on a mac with a 10.6 os.
I can probably fix it via remote, give me a call (877*554*5800) or send me an email JimATc-doc.com
Note this is what we do for a living here. We are good, but we are not free.

The rip shouldn't have to be updated. You are probably set up to print via Appletalk which is no longer supported by Apple. You can either configure a new set of inputs using NT Print, Spool Folders, or just share the printer on the old Mac and print through that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back