Accuracy of densitometer (ED-100)

Emgee

Hi All

New to the forum and quite new to color printing.

The question below is in reference to our Konica C6500 Pro with Fiery System 8 v1.1 software that we use to run our short run color. We calibrate our machine and Fiery daily before running our color print jobs (and between jobs on busy days).

What I'm curious to know is, how do I know if the ED-100 we're using for calibration is measuring accurately? Our prints look good (blue doesn't look green, etc.), but I do notice difference in the color of the same job from one day to the next. I know this is to be expected (considering all the variables that affect color printing). I just want to make sure our efforts at color stability are not being hindered by the densitometer.

Oh and a, somewhat, related question: would using an ES-1000 result in much better print results from our machine compared to the ED-100?

Thanks for reading and any assistance you can offer,

Emgee

[snip]What I'm curious to know is, how do I know if the ED-100 we're using for calibration is measuring accurately?

Consistency is more important than accuracy. If your measuring device gives you the same results, each and every time, from a standard reference target then you are fine. Accuracy becomes important if you are sharing measurement data outside of your facility.

best gordon p

my print blog here: Quality In Print

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back