Adobe Print Service Provider Program

Does anyone know how to contact Adobe other then their general number? I have called the help desk and general support number and have been transferred around and no one can answer questions I have that pertain to the Print Provider Program. That is when someone answers, I tried calling Customer Service, but I have been on hold for over an hour on 5 different occurrences and no one answered the phone.

Thank you
Shawn

Saw that today :(

Saw that today :(

I don't know. Don't know if they think were too dificult asking for information about ink limits in Photoshop and % in Illustrator. I guess I will have to finish my CTT+ exam so I can get my Adobe Certified Instructor, to be able to be forwarned of features before our customers get hold of their copies ;)

Hope Adobe will still be keeping an eye here to monitor our wishes and troubles.

What?! When was this posted? You would've thought they would've sent out a press release. Jeesh!

We notified all of our registered Print Providers over the last few months. If you are a registered provider and did not receive the notification, I apologize.

Years of supporting a company, and they drop us like a hot potato. QuarkXpress on the other hand, looks to be doing the exact opposite, maybe another software switch is in order.

We notified all of our registered Print Providers over the last few months. If you are a registered provider and did not receive the notification, I apologize.

Yea, I guess I shoulda checked my email filters first. I received this at 10AM 1/4/10:

IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTICE

Dear member,
After careful deliberation, Adobe has made the decision to discontinue our Print Service Provider Program for which you are currently enrolled.

This decision is based on membership numbers that are no longer sufficient to sustain the activities and technology investments that can deliver upon the program’s initial goals. The print segment continues to be important to Adobe. To this end, Adobe is committed to retaining its ongoing relationship with Printing Industries of America. Adobe has partnered with the Printing Industries of America to offer you the opportunity to become a member of their program. In the next few weeks you will receive a letter from Printing Industries of America with more details.

We are providing you with *30 days’ notice that Adobe is terminating the program and will no longer accept renewal or new applications into the program.

As we bring the program to a close, we ask that you review and choose one of the following two options available to you by February 4, 2010:

Keep and continue to use the Adobe Creative Suite® software provided to you by the program (US $3,598 value). Keeping the software will qualify you for discounted upgrade pricing for the next release of Adobe Creative Suite. To accept this offer, there is no action required on your part.
OR
You are entitled to a **prorated refund of your membership fee. To receive your prorated refund, you must submit a written request to Adobe no later than February 4, 2010 to [email protected]. If you choose to receive a refund, you must ***discontinue use of and destroy any Adobe Creative Suite software provided to you by the program and provide a letter of destruction.
If you have any questions, you can call the Adobe Partner Connection Helpdesk at 800-685-3510, 206-675-6145 or email us at [email protected].

We thank you for your participation in the program and value the support of Adobe products in your business.

Sincerely,

The Adobe Partner Connection

*In accordance to the ADOBE PRINT SERVICE PROVIDER PROGRAM AGREEMENT, Exhibit A, section 5.2, Adobe may terminate this Agreement upon 30 days’ notice to members.
**According section 5.5, you are entitled to receive, upon written request to Adobe within 30 days, a prorated refund of membership fees.
***Section 5.4; upon termination of Agreement, all product licenses shall terminate and software be destroyed.

This email is intended only for the use of Adobe Partner Connection Program members under non-disclosure and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not an Adobe Partner Connection Program member, you may have received this in error. We ask that you please immediately notify us by email. Also, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited.

You have received this email because you gave Adobe permission to communicate with you via email when you entered into the partner program membership agreement. Questions or concerns about your membership or this Adobe Partner Connection email communication should be directed to your regional Partner Program Help Desk: North America and Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, or Japan.

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Creative Suite, are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated, registered in the U.S. and other countries.

©2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Still don't think it was very much notice.

Years of supporting a company, and they drop us like a hot potato. QuarkXpress on the other hand, looks to be doing the exact opposite, maybe another software switch is in order.

Do they have a similar program?

Over the last few months huh? That's funny because Adobe had no problem taking our payment less than a month ago for the next year.

Over the last few months huh? That's funny because Adobe had no problem taking our payment less than a month ago for the next year.

Same deal here. The funniest part is if I wanted a refund, I would have to destroy/delete software I already paid for. LOL

We help pimp the Adobe brand software®, invest into Adobe print engines®, drink the Adobe Kool-aid® and now we're tossed aside like used whores.

Thanks Adobe. I didn't even get the dignity of a kiss first before you f*cked me®.

Adobe Print Service Provider Program

Actually, other than for members of the Print Service Providers Program in Japan who were informed last month, notifications about termination of this program went out to current Print Service Providers Program members went out only this week, not earlier!

- Dov

Actually, other than for members of the Print Service Providers Program in Japan who were informed last month, notifications about termination of this program went out to current Print Service Providers Program members went out only this week, not earlier!

- Dov

So in essence, Adobe knew they were going to halt the program but continued to take the money printers were sending in? Sweet deal for someone. I think we all know who.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back