Adobe Print Service Provider Program

Adobe Print Service Provider Program

So in essence, Adobe knew they were going to halt the program but continued to take the money printers were sending in? Sweet deal for someone. I think we all know who.

The final decision to terminate the program wasn't made until shortly before the announcements were made to the existing participants. There wasn't that much in terms of money printers were sending in. If there was, the program wouldn't have been discontinued. And if you read the announcement carefully, you would see that prorated refunds are offered to participants. There is no sweet deal for someone here (I assume you mean Adobe).

- Dov

I think the Print Service Provider progam was there when it was needed most. Yes there are things that need to be worked on, and I believe there are other ways to influence the development of software. Today with the APPE and PDF workflows that handle transparency I would believe problems of technical nature are fewer than would have been without the existance of the program for its duration. Also seeing that some of the figures in the program broke off and became independant consultants should have made us aware that this was coming.
Hope this forum will still be around, it will be needed more than ever ;)

From what I know, the decision to terminate the program was made shortly before the announcement. There wasn't "money printers were sending in" involved with this at all. And for that matter, refunds are available if you read the full announcement. Any printer who joined this program near its end is not losing any money on the deal.

- Dov

Yes, I read that. It's not fair that someone that has paid within the last month paid for the following year for nothing. Had I been fortunate enough to have mine expire next month it wouldn't have been that bad.

It's too bad Adobe is doomed to repeat the history of Quark which is exactly where they are heading.

And if you read the announcement carefully, you would see that prorated refunds are offered to participants.

- Dov

only if participants agree to uninstall their Creative Suite software, grind the CD's into a fine powder and give up their first born child. Thats despite the fact the last major release (CS4) was 2 years ago and 99.9% of us already paid for it back in '08.

If you choose to receive a refund, you must discontinue use of and destroy any Adobe Creative Suite software provided to you by the program and provide a letter of destruction.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY ADOBE!

You Adobe guys can spin this however you want, but the bottom line is that Adobe would be, and would never have been anything without printers.

This is nothing short of getting it in the a** without even a kiss.

Sorry Adobe guys.

not happy about it but . . ..

not happy about it but . . ..

While I am not happy about it . . . I have only used the help line a couple of times the last few years and then I got an Indian that I couldn't understand. . .. at least they gave us great pricing on the software. Also to note that the lead person on the CS4 team is no longer with adobe - he was let go a while back - dont know what they are doing . . . but will continue to use it since imho there is no better page layout program - or integrated graphics package . . .

I guess we should smile for the time we had together . . . .

"Quark Responds to Adobe, Offers Printers Free QuarkXPress 8
Thursday, January 21, 2010

Press release from the issuing company

DENVER In continued support of the print community, Quark announced today special offers that allow eligible printers to join Quark output provider programs at no cost. Adobe Service Network (ASN) members, current QuarkAlliance members, and printers interested in Quark Promote are invited to take advantage of complimentary QuarkAlliance and Quark Promote memberships. Membership benefits can include priority technical support, a free copy of QuarkXPress® 8, increased market visibility, and potential revenue opportunities.

“At a time when some in our industry are moving away from print, Quark is aggressively maintaining its investment in this community,” said Cyndie Shaffstall, director of QuarkAlliance. “There is a significant opportunity for printers to take advantage of the booming Web-to-print industry, as well as traditional revenue streams. I invite output providers to join one of our programs right now at no cost.”

There are a variety of ways output providers can participate in the special program enrollment offers:

-- Existing ASN members that register now will receive a complimentary one-year enrollment to both the QuarkAlliance Output Provider Program as an Authorized Partner and the Quark Promote Output Provider Program (US-only) as an Authorized Partner (at the provider’s discretion).
-- Current members of the QuarkAlliance Output Provider Program are eligible for a complimentary one-year membership renewal that now also includes enrollment in the Quark Promote Output Provider Program.
-- All output providers are eligible for complimentary enrollment in the Quark Promote Output Provider Program."

This is a sweet deal! Only problem is Quark like everything they do, is making it very confusing at to how to do this. They say you need to show proof you are an existing ANS member but never tell you hot to show it!
I've clicked through 4 web pages so far and it's all conflicting information. Gonna post it up on Quarks forums and see if anyone there has a clue.

I tried to get the quark promote information when it was first released. they said they would send info when available. never heard back. YOu would think they would print a flyer and mail it to every printer once a month

I think Adobe should retract the closure of the Adobe Print Service Provider Program. If they wanted to improve the program, change it to the Adobe Service Provider Program. This would allow all service providers, not just printers, into the program.

Interesting both articles mention worldwide and premium membership, but in truth the premium membership was not available outside the US. Also being part of an amarican printers association is tricky from sweden? Or are they opening up to support worldwide comunity of printers?

Nice read Cory. Looks like Quark is taking the ball and running. Although designers can't be to happy about the new promote program.

Might be a question already answered but I did not find it....does Adobe have any other program that print vendors can use in getting a cheaper price on their creative suite software? I have 2 designers that have licensed copies of CS4. I am hiring a third designer and am wondering if there is any other program that Adobe has where I can get a copy of CS4 without having to spend $1600.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back