Agfa Selectset 7000

tekcontrol

With apparent no reason the Agfa Selectset 7000 starts printing blank pages, no image at all, just a blank page, no errors. These problem starts two months ago, was there for a week or so, and then the imagesetter as the same way it goes bad it stars working good. But now the problem is back again. Definitely the laser is Off, but why it comes on after a week or so?

High voltage power converter for the laser tube is a problem.
Actually it's a kind of transformer inside of that unit and coils are filled-up with a hard epoxy compound.
Cooling-warming cycles could cause a thin cupper wire to get broken; so... when you turn on SS7000 in the morning - you'll get the laser beam because the wire contact restored, but after awail, when the conwerter is warmed-up... upssss.
You are at the starting line of the problem, but sooner that problem will get worse.
I've met that problem more than 10 times in my practice.
Only the one solution you have - to obtain the new converter.

Last edited:
I used to have a Selectset 7000 until the business closed, but I still have The power stabilizer that was used with it.

SOLA
MCR 250
63-13-125-6
120v AC

Please send me a private message if you are interested in purchasing it at a modest price.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back