avantra 30 error 33

hello Fabrice
merci bien i referred to the manual but still the error do you know the place of this sensor?:confused:

Sorry, I'm a goldfish memory... I didn't use an Avantra since... 12 years!
But if you send me an email, I have the technical manual (pdf 4 Mo) of Avantra 36/44 and at page 2-30, you'll find what you're looking for (may be)...

Fabrice.

Zouha2011,

Before you start looking at sensor, as a problem. Make sure that the spindle is open on the one you are trying to load a new roll of film.

STSTech

It's been awhile since I've used an Avantra, but I recall getting an error message when loading film that was solved by removing the new film, and then reloading it into the film cartridge, then clearing the machine's error display, and then reloading. Of course, you'll have to be in the dark when you're doing the film part.

Thank you for your reply the media is loaded and bypassed the sensor then i have error 33 so i go back to pause screen and reload it i have got error 67 which means i have to cut media that's what i did then i have error 4 out of media and the roll still goes on without cutting till the processor and i force it to stop after an input jam error of the processor that why i thought of the sensor
thanks again hope find the problem

Thank you for your reply the media is loaded and bypassed the sensor then i have error 33 so i go back to pause screen and reload it i have got error 67 which means i have to cut media that's what i did then i have error 4 out of media and the roll still goes on without cutting till the processor and i force it to stop after an input jam error of the processor that why i thought of the sensor
thanks again hope find the problem

I do not understand. Why did you bypass the sensor? Start all over again and try to explain in detail what you have done from start to end. Does your spindle A/B work?

Last edited:
zouha2011,

Avantra is acting as if there is film blocking the film present sensor. Check the cutter assy for a short cut. A piece of film may be stuck in the cutter fingers blocking the sensor.

STSTech

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back