Avantra 30 not complete boot.

pioneers

Please I need help with avantra 30 imagesetter:
while booting it display six line at long time.
therefore it dosn't finish to boot it stop at six line which is DEC: 40.14
It still display this line a long time.
Six lines displayed in SYSTEM START-UP before it stop are:
First = DL: 1.5
Second = OCP: 30.15
Third = DIAG: 20.07
Fourth = CORR: 2.00-05
Fifth = DSP: 40.07
sixth = DEC: 40.14
And what is the mining of these messages.
tell me about the diagnostic Bridge Control Module through RS 232 serial cable.
Thanks in advance.
PIONEERS.

Hi,

Seems like owner has tried to be a service engineer to save few bucks.
Did you try to download Bridge Module firmware? Put the machine in offline mode and check to see if it boots up. If it did, then use the take up cassette and the machine in offline mode. Replace the Bridge PCB or the Flash chip on it.

Do you get a progress bar across the bottom of the control panel? One thing I would try, is to disconnect the cable that goes from
the DEC Bd. to Bridge bd. and see if AV30 boots. I do not believe you have a bridge problem. I think you have a DEC Bd. problem.
Software for the DEC K1 not completing its boot.There is a way to monitor the boot up of the Avantra to see where it hangs. It
requires a PC that has terminal mode, and a 25 to 9 pin serial null modem cable. Connect the 25 pin end to the DEC Bd. and 9 pin
end to serial port on your PC. Launch terminal program on PC once program is running turn on Avantra. You should see on your
PC screen the AV 30 boot sequence with pass after each step. Look for a FAIL and that is where your problem is.

STSTech
Prepress Equipment Service

By the way disconnecting the cable between DEC and Bridge will generate the same problem as ONLINE configuration has been designated for the machine. So this isn't very thoughtful troubleshooting approach!

Last edited:
Do you get a progress bar across the bottom of the control panel? One thing I would try, is to disconnect the cable that goes from
the DEC Bd. to Bridge bd. and see if AV30 boots. I do not believe you have a bridge problem. I think you have a DEC Bd. problem.
Software for the DEC K1 not completing its boot.There is a way to monitor the boot up of the Avantra to see where it hangs. It
requires a PC that has terminal mode, and a 25 to 9 pin serial null modem cable. Connect the 25 pin end to the DEC Bd. and 9 pin
end to serial port on your PC. Launch terminal program on PC once program is running turn on Avantra. You should see on your
PC screen the AV 30 boot sequence with pass after each step. Look for a FAIL and that is where your problem is.

STSTech
Prepress Equipment Service

If there is any problem with Dec K1 or any other module an error will be generated. This isn't the case with his problem or he failed to mention the generation of any error number. Welcome to board!

Last edited:
Hello,
Thank you very much.
Eng. Vlad, Eng. Farshad and Eng. STSTech for your reply,
I'm electronic & automation engineer but no experience in Avantra systems, now I go in utilities of Av-diag software then configure comm port on my labtop USB Comm with the Bridge Debugger Port accessed using a 15 pin D-type as Bridge Diagnostic Adapter Cable figure in service manual, but no communication.
may be the Bridge PCB damage, i ask about the price of Bridge PCB and flash ship.
Thanks,

Stil lthink that it is a Dec Bd. problem. Good way to fine out is to do a few simple things.
Lets see what works.
open one of the side doors of the Avantra 30 and turn on the AV 30. you should get an error.

If you get an error, turn off AV 30 and disconnect the gray cable on the Supply SDM. With door closed boot
the AV 30 up. If DEC bd is working you will get may take up errors.

Stil lthink that it is a Dec Bd. problem. Good way to fine out is to do a few simple things.
Lets see what works.
open one of the side doors of the Avantra 30 and turn on the AV 30. you should get an error.

If you get an error, turn off AV 30 and disconnect the gray cable on the Supply SDM. With door closed boot
the AV 30 up. If DEC bd is working you will get may take up errors.

How can he follow this procedure when the boot sequence hasn't been completed yet?????? Machine isn't ready yet!!!

Hello,
I'm electronic & automation engineer but no experience in Avantra systems, now I go in utilities of Av-diag software then configure comm port on my labtop USB Comm with the Bridge Debugger Port accessed using a 15 pin D-type as Bridge Diagnostic Adapter Cable figure in service manual, but no communication.
may be the Bridge PCB damage, i ask about the price of Bridge PCB and flash ship.
Thanks,
OK, if you know AvDiag, you have to go in Config mode, Disable BridgeBufferModule and reboot Avantra. If boot is completed, you will know the problem - BBM.

Thanks for all,,,

The Bridge PCB damage,
I need the price of Bridge PCB used or new,
also the price for ships spare parts 68HC11-E2 micro-controller, 1240-PL84
FPGA, 29F10-120JC FLASH ROM, SC26C92C UART and MAX238CNG TRANSCEIVER BUFFER for BBM.

Pioneers

Pioneer,

I'm a little confused. You say that your Avantra does not boot and the cause is the bridge buffer bd., and you want parts or a new
board.The last part of the AV30 boot sequence is that the spinner turns on, carriage moves home, bridge software is displayed,and the a musical tune is heard,OCP screen displays your work screen. You must remenber that only after a successful system boot will the dec Bd. send the command to unlock the Bridge. This is why I question if the DEC bd. is really booting up.

STSTech

He had a frozen screen with:

DL: 1.5
OCP: 30.15
DIAG: 20.07
CORR: 2.00-05
DSP: 40.07
DEC: 40.14

So, there were only spinner sound or a filling progress bar at the OCP screen.
Boot-up sequence came to diag of BBM and waits for BBM response to continue.
I think he has a success with BBM disabled over AvDiag Configuration feature, but that's my guess only.

Last edited:
It's not that the OCP screen is frozen, it's not booting. Pioneer should unplug the bridge cable and see is AV30 boots up. It should,
because with bridge bd. installed in config,it's only purpose is to tell Avantra that there is a OLP connect. If Pioneer has AVDiag he
should be in the monitor mode so he can see where boot sequence is failing.

STSTech

Ouhhh... you are right STSTTech.
The problem is hidden somewhwere out of bridge module.
I expected to see Error#200:Bridge /Buffer Comm Error at Boot

VladCanada,
Correct. He would get an error 200. But you could clear error and set Avantra for a take-up cassette and output. We do not know if Pioneer played with the DEC DB. It looks like his DEC Bd. is dead, and a new one is needed.

STSTech

I just think we do not have the complete information. He is doing more than reflected here and working on PCBs as well. If the DEC board or any other module were dead why he hasn't mentioned any error codes generated on OCP as a result yet. However, I am not sure if he knows how to use the monitor mode. He hasn't given us any feed back on the monitor mode results yet. That is the first step any service Tech takes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back