Avantra OLP Error

MJNC

Hi folks;
I have a major problem, maybe two.
Our Avantra 20/25 OLP keeps flashing “motor off” and “disconnect mains”. It was running fine a few days ago - of course we don’t use it every day. Last time I got these messages, I pulled the racks one at a time and found film wrapped around the rollers in the fix. So I tried pulling them out again, but I found no film, and now it doesn’t cure the problem, either. I’ve reset the thing a million times, even cut the power completely. When I turn the processor back on, it seems fine for a minute, then starts flashing those two messages again. I saw a post on here from someone who was having the same problem, but I couldn’t understand the answer that was posted back to them. I’m supposed to be the PostScript person around here; there is no one else.
Can someone help me? I said two problems... let’s try to get this one first. This must be fixed in order to even make the second problem happen.
Thanks in advance, y’all. I appreciate whatever input I get. (Unless you tell me to call the junkyard pick up people... I’ve been trying to get my boss to do that for a long time).
Best Regards,
_MJNC

Hi,
We came to Private Msg because that issue was not interested to everybody.
I kept only my messages with some ideas.
For you, buddy: remove the basket and back panel,
pull out electronics golden box,
open up that box, look at a relay board and find the relay K12, remove the plastic cover and make relay contacts CLOSED - does your Motor run?
Vlad

Last edited:
And more thanks

And more thanks

Hey Vlad Canada;
Don’t know where you learned your processor stuff from, but I sure am grateful you did! The k12 trick did the trick! Well, at least it got rid of the error message on the panel.
Now all I gotta do is figure out why the bridge keeps jamming... I can image film, but when it goes to the processor, it keeps getting a media jam. We took the cover off the input sensor area, and the rollers aren’t turning, even when we try to manually start them. No wonder its jamming; any brilliant insight for me on this? I really appreciate any kind of input you have. Thank you so much, already.
Best Regards,
MJNC

Hey Vlad Canada;
Don’t know where you learned your processor stuff from, but I sure am grateful you did! The k12 trick did the trick! Well, at least it got rid of the error message on the panel.
Now all I gotta do is figure out why the bridge keeps jamming... I can image film, but when it goes to the processor, it keeps getting a media jam. We took the cover off the input sensor area, and the rollers aren’t turning, even when we try to manually start them. No wonder its jamming; any brilliant insight for me on this? I really appreciate any kind of input you have. Thank you so much, already.
Best Regards,
MJNC

Hello Sir:

pls check yours motor drivers board,it should output 24V,Maybe u should using 12V check main motor ,if it is worked then I think it is Motor drivers board frautly ,U also should check K12

same problem

same problem

New to the forum, I have been reading for the past month trying to fix this same problem.

We get the motor off disconnect mains message as well.

We tried the K12 trick after reading it but it didn't fix the problem.

What else can we try?

Thanks.

our motor has not run since we got the message in december.

we thought it was the control panel that was messed up so we replaced it, but we still got the same message, motor off disconnect mains.

ran out of ideas until we saw this post today, thats when we tried the K12 trick but the motor did not run.

Luth Motor Board (has a paper label LMB02), placed under the cover of golden box, has a FUSE F101 10 Amps - check it first!!!

Ok sorry, I forgot to mention when we first got this message in December we replaced the fuse because it was blown. The fuse we have now is still good.

Thanks.

Ok, keep K12 closed and check the voltage on these disconnected motor's wires. Do you have approx 24V DC?

sorry for the delay, lunch time.

hope you're still there.

i cant check the voltage right now but earlier the electrician was checking the voltage, before we did the k12 test and while we were doing it and i believe he said we weren't getting 24v.

what could make this happen?

Two thyristors V101 and V102 are responsible for Voltage/ MotorSpeed changing.
My verdict is: something wrong with LMB if you have approx 26V AC on the input of LMB from the trasformer installed inside the Rapiline not far from the Motor... and do not have 24V DC on the output of LMB terminal X102

Wow!

Wow!

Hey Glables;
I’ve had this problem before with the 2 errors, motor off & disconnect mains. I was all over the web looking for answers; even called our old service tech! I finally figured that one out on my own (there was film wrapped around the rollers). I just gotta say, I usually stay away from forums on line; but out of desperation I joined this one YESTERDAY. I cannot believe the response I’ve gotten! Other forums take a week at least to make 2 pages of back and forth. I am truly impressed! And grateful at the same time. Y’all rock!
I have been working on the owner’s project all day, so I’ve not had a chance to mess with the imagesetter today at all. But I am going to keep an eye on this thread to see how you do. (Also, it is indeed Thursday afternoon - the “give-a-shit factor” starts waning about now). Best of Luck to us all, my friend.
_mjnc

thanks, we have removed the trays so we know theres no film stuck.

just a bit out of options. we had a rapiline before so we still have its parts and we've swapped out the boards and get the same problem.

we're looking to fly in tech so we'll see.

Hurray!

Hurray!

Glabels and Vlad!
I just want to thank you for all of the wonderful help you have given me recently... I had another issue with the OLP where the rollers wouldn’t go...
The good thing is, our in-house machinist/everything fixer is finally back; and today we were able to make the rollers go. It was that same K12 nodule in the golden box that was the problem. Once we figured that out, he was able to get it up and running again. I really love this forum and I will be back! As I said before, Y’all Rock! Many thanks, again.
Best of luck to us all.
Kind Regards,
mjnc

back again

back again

We had a tech fly in and he said it wasn't the motor.

He said it was the computer board and motor board and sent us replacements.

We switched them out, we have enough developer and water for the heater and have the sensors connected with a wire to bypass having to fill them up completely.

We turn on the OLP and the control panel tells us the P1 door is open so we press down the switches to bypass it, we then get the P1 Dev 20 C 30 S M message, we see the developer replenish and hear the heater fan run, slowly, the control panel fades, turns off then we get the GI ATB V03 LUTH message.

What is going on here?

Now when we turn it on we just get scrambled messages, basically a bunch of asterisk- like shapes.

Not sure I mentioned it before but we have the Avantra 20/25 OLP.

still need help

still need help

so we've replaced all the boards in the gold box, we replaced the control panel.

we turn the switch on and itll display the 3 messages then turn off, we then switch it on and get the p1 dev 19c 30s message...we then see the power attempt to turn on, the pumps then go on and our control panel turns off.

it turns back on with out pressing a button and it just displays the GI ATB V03 LUTH message.

we notice the motor will continue to try to turn, it gives half a turn then stops.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back