BasyPrint DMD availability

betterimp

Hi Everyone,

I recently learned that BasysPrint no longer has DMDs for its generation 3 machines. This is not good for owners of these machines. I'm curious if anyone knows of a source for these DMDs?

I'm also curious what other Basysprint owners plan to do.

Ours is working well, but one day we will need to replace the DMD, and if it is not available, our machine will be rendered useless. Not a pretty scenario!

Does anyone know how many of these type of machines are in use around the world?

Thanks,

Mike

DMD is not Basys know-how, just think of big screen TV projectors and you will find the source of DMDs :)

I know there are many in use around the world especially in Mexico and south america they are pretty common. I have a couple dmds for sale if you are interested one of them is a 3rd generation sxga dmd for the machine you referenced.

DMDs available

DMDs available

Yes, this was scary at first because we have 4 BasysPrint generation 3 machines in our 2 print shops.

Fortunately there is a person selling Generation 3 DMDs on ebay under the Prepress Equipment category. I spoke with the company and they purchased the surplus DMDs from Texas Instruments and they are new. We bought one recently and they came out and installed it and it worked perfectly. I was able to get them to install the DMD and prove it worked first and then we paid.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back