Box Topper Flyers

GriffenCarter

I own an direct mail company that services hundreds of pizza shops in the country.
We have a huge audience of customers, and we now want to get into internal printing of Box Toppers. This is an 8.5x5.5 full color 1 sided flyer.

I am a complete rookie when it comes to actual printing production.

We want to print quantities of 1,000 to 5,000 box toppers per job.
I believe the most cost effective way is tor print 4 up on an 11x17.
We currently have 2 Riso HC5500 Inkjet printers that can do about 120ppm, so with the 4 up printing, we are actually getting 480 box toppers per minute. I have calculated our cost per box topper, (not to be mistaken with cost per page) to be about 1.2 cents per box topper. The Riso is great in that is gives a very low cost per page, and although image quality is not perfect, it is "good enough" for a pizza box topper. We also can't do gloss paper, but that is also ok. We will do high volumes in terms of number of jobs each month, but each job itself is relatively low volume.

My biggest concern is that I was told by the local company that currently services Riso, that Riso is hurting, and it will soon be hard to find parts and get repair service on these machines.

Are there any experts out there that could give me feedback on the following:
1. What is a comparable or better printer for jobs like I described above?
2. Is there any truth to Riso not being a viable option in years to come?
3. Any advice to achieve the absolute lowest cost per box topper possible?

Your feedback is appreciated, I am confident that if we can find the correct equipment, that with our existing market share, we have a huge opportunity to build our internal print business.

Brian

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back