Chemicals question_Kodak and Fuji

rande

Does anyone know the savings we might discover going from Kodak to Fuji plates as far as the chemicals?
We go through about 3 developers and one gun a month with kodak.
It has been said we could save about 12,000 a yr. with Fuji chem and a little distilled water.

thanks
rande

Re: Chemicals question_Kodak and Fuji

Save 12K per year? at your current usage I can't imagine you are spending 12K per year on chemicals.

I have always found the chemistry numbers reps throw around to be very inaccurate. Rep A might say you have to rebatch fuji chemicals once every 2 weeks, but in reality we go 4-6 weeks.

Have you figured out your monthy Sq Ft usage?

I'm not sure about sq ft.
We send about $1,000 a month.
About 400 large plates a month. 41x31 approx.
What are you spending a month with Fuji's?

our Sq Ftg is similar as yours, maybe a bit lower and we go through approximately $6-700 of chemicals per month (that includes chemistry for a rebatch 1X), plus about 20 gallons of distilled water (not sure how much the distilled water costs us)

we are on a 4 up processor, so you will see some additional usage with an 8up

Kodak processing runs at about 12-13% of plate cost.
Fuji runs at about 6-8%.
We use both systems one in each of two plants. The Fuji lasts about twice as long and is only Dev and Gum, ie: two chemicals.
As you say, the Kodak uses 3 chemicals.
John

We go through about 3000 40" plates a month and based on what we are seeing with the new "Z" processor we will save about $25000 per year using the Fuji PJ Thermal plates.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back