CMYK prints the same on every printer!!!

Over the years, Pantone has changed the values in their books. Personally, I prefer the older book values that are GCR values. Because we print on recycled cardboard, three process inks are better IMO than four for many of the secondary colours. There should never be any yellow in purer blues, even the dark ones! I like this site for values; <http://ngin.de/cmyk2pantone/> as it gives GCR style values. When printing on recycled material (which wanders in tone from skid to skid and batch to batch), delta e measuring is basically useless and overkill. It took me about a year (working between jobs) to establish the best values for Pantone To CMYK for our Epson using Serendipity Black Magic (even for metallics and fluorescents). BM allows us to produce real dot proofs of plate files and tint the backgrounds to match various substrates to get signoff and press matching.
Still, often at times we must produce Pantone Spot ink draw downs to get Pantone inks towards designer intent for that substrate.

I usually have the profiles set up using FOGRA39, which usually sees me good for most Pantone spot colours (vivids not included), for anything that doesn't match too well, or when i need a higher gamut I'll switch off the ICCs print a bunch of swatches of varying CMYKs and choose the best match to put into my file.

Just note that that's an incredible waste of time. The way to print spot colors as accurately as possible in large format is to custom profile each printer in every condition in which it prints, and then to use spot color libraries to define your spots.

What this does -- if your profiles are done correctly -- is to first accurately define the destination color space (the printer profile) and then to have the most accurate representations of the spot colors there are (their L*a*b* values) mapped directly by the RIP into that color space.

It works, and it works correctly. First time, every time.

http://correctcolor.org/cccommentary/?p=173

It's also not all that hard to explain to clients, once you yourself understand the concept.

Is it generally the rule that print shops will run with ICCs and use Pantone spot colours in the file

It is if they know what they're doing.

Over the years, Pantone has changed the values in their books.

Actually, that's not really true. What Pantone colors actually are, is ink. And to this day, the ink formulas of the original Pantone colors have never changed. Of course over the years, they may have changed the CMYK values they describe as process equivalents, but the first thing anyone in large format printing that wants to even attempt to understand how to try to match PMS colors has to understand is that those numbers are useless.

It's also true that at least once I'm aware of, Pantone changed the L*a*b* definitions slightly. But that was actually because they changed the paper they print the books on. The ink formulas still did not change.

And yes, you have to be able to communicate all that to clients as well.

I actually have a little demo that's part of my training process that illustrates the point so well that I've never had anyone argue the fact once they've seen it.

Mike Adams
Correct Color

Last edited:
When you say 'if your profiles are done correctly' how 'incorrect' can they actually ever be with ICCs?

I know what I'm doing (I think!) when it comes to setting the ink restrictions/limits etc but if for some reason I'd set the restriction for lets say Cyan a little too high wouldn't the ICC profile sort this out for me?

Would this be a similar situation for artwork that is CMYK makeup only with no spots? I mean would you expect 0/95/90/0 to print similar on two different printers/medias as long as they were profiled 'correctly' with the same ICC input profiles?

Would this be a similar situation for artwork that is CMYK makeup only with no spots? I mean would you expect 0/95/90/0 to print similar on two different printers/medias as long as they were profiled 'correctly' with the same ICC input profiles?
I would not expect them to print the same in two different printers. If it was 0/95/90/0 in Fogra39 simulated on different printers then you would be able to assume results to be similar, but even "100% Cyan" does not look (should not look) the same on different media.

When you say 'if your profiles are done correctly' how 'incorrect' can they actually ever be with ICCs?

They can be drastically incorrect.

I know what I'm doing (I think!) when it comes to setting the ink restrictions/limits etc but if for some reason I'd set the restriction for lets say Cyan a little too high wouldn't the ICC profile sort this out for me?

No. It would not.

There's a huge misconception out there that an ICC profile contains some sort of reference data that it uses to attempt to get a printer to print in a certain way or to a certain set of parameters. But that's not the way ICC profiles work, and that's not what ICC profiles do.

An ICC profile is a characterization of how a given device printing with primaries reproduces color in a certain state. You can think of it as a snapshot of a certain machine in a certain condition.

And it's a truism of this industry that a bad ICC profile is still a valid ICC profile. Make an incorrect profile and use it, and as long as you do, it will happily drive your machine ... incorrectly.

First part of creating a correct profile is getting the machine state to a point where you've absolutely optimized the machine so that you're getting every bit of its capability in every resolution and on every media.

And not to be flip about it, but if (you think!) you understand ink limits/restrictions, etc. ... you don't.

Fact is there's a very lot that goes into making machine profiles. It's science, and it's art. The more you know about it, the better your profiles will be; the more control you take over the process the better your profiles will be, and if you think you can learn all this online or in a half-day webinar or seminar ... you can't.

No. It wouldn't be similar at all. Creating a printer profile involves creating a machine state, then characterizing it. Making a conversion is just math.

So in this case, if the file had the embedded profile Fogra39, then what the RIP would do is look for the L*a*b* equivalent of 0/95/90/0 in Fogra39 (50/71/53) in the destination color space (the printer profile.)

It so happens this is a pretty easy color to hit in large format, and most printers are going to be able to achieve it on a good many media, so there's a good chance you could get an exact match on multiple machines on multiple media.

However, it's a good bet that to achieve that L*a*b* value, none of them will print a CMYK value of 0/95/90/0.

That's how color management works.

However, it's also important to understand that each printer profile must be an accurate representation of how the printer prints for this to work. If any profile is incorrect for whatever reason, then by whatever amount it's off, the printed result will be off as well.

Mike Adams
Correct Color

Last edited:
hmmm, that's given me alot to think about now!

I've been to several colour management courses and had many engineers in to train us on profiling etc (all of which had very different views on how to do it) I've based my experience on an amalgamation of all of these.

I was under the understanding that the input profiles (e.g. FOGRA39) were industry standards to how a colourspace looks visually; so my simplified process would be;

- profile my media with printer in an optimal state (ink restrictions/linearisations/limits)
- print out the ICC chart, scan it in, use it as my output icc profile
- set my input profile to Fogra39

therefore I'm telling the RIP that I'd like to reproduce a Fogra39 print, and I've also told it how my printer is currently printing (with my output icc), the rip then does lots of calculations to convert my colours accordingly to produce a final print close to Fogra39.

I understand that 0/95/90/0 will not print with those values as the rip looks for the lab values and converts accordingly. Therefore different printers would use a different mix of cmyk to produce a 'visually' similar red.

That's all basically correct.

And then how good your profiles are will determine how well your printer prints.

One thing to keep in mind though: Your input profile needs to be whatever color space your file is actually in. If it was created in SWOP, you either need to convert it to Fogra before you print (which actually gains you nothing), or you need to have the RIP convert it as SWOP. It's only Fogra if it was created as Fogra.

So it seems to me like you've got enough of a handle on all this to explain it to your client. If they give you CMYK values, you have to ask them for a color space as well. "Okay, you want CMYK x/x/x/x, in what CMYK space?"

If they can answer, great. Just use that space. If they can't, then you explain to them that CMYK alone isn't enough of a description; that CMYK is a device-dependent color space and every single CMYK device prints somewhat differently. If they're professionals, it shouldn't be all that hard to make them understand. Just be patient and authoritative.

Mike

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind though: Your input profile needs to be whatever color space your file is actually in. If it was created in SWOP, you either need to convert it to Fogra before you print (which actually gains you nothing), or you need to have the RIP convert it as SWOP. It's only Fogra if it was created as Fogra.

I have the option to 'Use Embedded profiles' which i keep turned on.
So if my input profile is FOGRA39 (but my file is SWOP) it'll print using SWOP?
If I turn off 'Use Embedded profiles' it'll print using FOGRA39?

I got inspiration to write so decided to tell my thoughts about the subject and how we do it in the company I work for.

CMYK prints the same on every printer!!! Have I got completely the wrong idea or should all printers print the same?
With colour management yes in theory :) In practice it's depending so many things like you said, inks, material, printer and environment (humidity, temperature). I would say with high gamut printers and good white paper you can get match to CMYK standards like FOGRA39 easily. Lower gamut printers yes but not all colours and not always that easy.

Would be interested to know what spectro and RIP you are using?

I would assume that EPSON Surecolour have quite high gamut inks as they are solvent based? If you have calibrated your printer (linearization + ICC profile for each media) you shouldn't have problems matching images and pantone colours. Best thing is to use pantone Lab colour tables so the RIP makes conversion from Lab to CMYK (device colour space). But you can use CMYK values as well but you just need to make sure that you have right input profile.

I don't understand what difference it makes for your client that what method you are using to match the pantone colour if you just get good match. This sounds more like that you need to match the colours what the other printer printed and thats why they are asking to use CMYK?

Anyway If the main goal is to get best possible Pantone match, then best thing is to use Pantone Lab colour table from the RIP so it converts the colour from Lab to CMYK (device colour). So what you been doing is the best way.

You can use CMYK values as most of the prepress programs like Illustrator and Photoshop nowadays converts pantone colours from Lab to CMYK anyway. Just need to make sure that you are using right CMYK colour space and who ever prints the job use same colour space (input profile). To be honest, on low gamut printers it doesn't make much difference if you use CMYK values or Lab colour table from the RIP. If you use CMYK values main thing is to know that how did you get the CMYK values. Mainly meaning which CMYK input colour space you are using.

Sometimes we have to use CMYK pantone values. For example if the vector file is really complex and its need rasterising also transparencies are sometimes causing problems so then we can't use RIP tables for Pantone spot colour conversion.

Also like Gordo said if you wanna print industry standard like FOGRA39 you can use CMYK values. So what ever CMYK colour space (FOGRA39, GRACol, SWOP etc.) you are using means that you are simulating those printing condition characteristics like inks, gamut etc.

Tricky bit is that if the another printer have printed the job without colour management and they don't know what they are doing, then you don't gonna get colour match without seeing the print and matching it manually. Although if they ask you to match specific pantone colours then this shouldn't be a problem.

All our printers and stock materials are profiled to FOGRA39 standard using GMG as this is the industry standard in Europe. On higher gamut printers we can achieve match to clients samples or GMG contract proofs first time most of the time. Lower gamut printers like UV curable we need to do little adjustments more often and pantone matching is much harder. Water based like HP Z6200 are amazing no problems with pantone colours. Oce Arizona also pretty high gamut and easy to match even its UV curable. I used to be fan of Durst printers but I have realised that the colour gamut is not that great at least with the older printers.

Even our printers are calibrated and profiled sometimes we have to print posters of Pantone Charts/Colour Atlas and pick the closest match sometimes we even need to do colour wheels with different variations from one pantone colour. This is because of the low gamut and colour management is not always perfect. Some times we send these charts to client and they can pick the colours they like.

Is it just a common mis-conception by customers that supplying a CMYK to a printer will produce the expected colour?
I would say yes and no. It is achievable to get expected colours on different devices but it's not perfect.

I think lots of this mis-conception is coming from how colour management is advertised and marketed and sold to customers, like its perfect and you can get the same colour every device and perfect match every time. Instead they should advertise that with colour management you can get more control on your devices and constant and repeatable results and only need to print 1 or 2 test prints instead of 10 and its not perfect and there is limitations.

Other common mis-conceptions;
- The CMYKs I supply will look as they do on my screen
I think this is achievable, our screens are pretty good
- I'll send the same file to 2 different printers and they'll look the same when printed
With properly colour managed and controlled workflow this is achievable.

It works, and it works correctly. First time, every time.
This is that kind of marketing I was talking about. Sounds that Correct Color doesn't have much experience profiling low resolution and low gamut printers? Out of gamut spot colours definitely get better match manually matching them, then using Lab to device colour conversion. Also keeping some of the big machines perfectly calibrated means that you need to calibrate them almost every day and that would be just too much waste of time and material to calibrate different materials every day or each time you start the new job as we use so many different materials, we can have 20 different profiles for one machine.

Another thing if clients wants to make sure that they get the colour what they want, they send us contract proof, colour sample or PMS reference and ask us to match it. Our clients don’t care how we achieve the match if we just achieved. I need to also mention that some of our clients are incredibly fussy about the colours as we do lots of work for museums and high end fashion brands.

Also about the general rules, I think there is no rules or there is but everybody has different rules and printing industry, specially large format printing is pretty cowboy industry!!

This is that kind of marketing I was talking about. Sounds that Correct Color doesn't have much experience profiling low resolution and low gamut printers?

Actually, Correct Color has clients ranging from fine art printers to billboard printers. Profiling low resolution and low gamut printers is something I do on a very regular basis.

Out of gamut spot colours definitely get better match manually matching them, then using Lab to device colour conversion.

Maybe with the profiles you're accustomed to creating or using. With Correct Color profiles, I have never seen this to be the case.

If I had, I'd certainly say so. Sorry, but it isn't "marketing" to post my observations gained in seven years of profiling all sort and manner of inkjet printers.

What I have seen, on more than one occasion -- and as I said -- is that to whatever degree a profile is off, then of course prints will be of as well. And there's a whole workaround industry dedicated to this -- Nazdar Katzper, for instance -- but the fact is, if a machine is profiled correctly, the best thing to do is to let the RIP do the math. It'll get as close as can be gotten. First time, every time. That's not marketing. It's simply a mathematical fact.

Of course I've had many clients over the years who've had one or two -- or more -- salesmen or production people who haven't wanted to believe that. Mainly I think because they just enjoy "tweaking" color. And it always takes those guys awhile to come around.

But they always do.

And usually they do when at some point they "tweak" a color in the pressroom, then it winds up in the light at the site that their "tweak" took the color farther away than where it was to start.

Because that is the bottom line. Regardless of gamut size, or of the device, a color is either in the gamut of a device, or it's not. If it's not, then there is a mathematically closest number that is in gamut. That's what the RIP maps to, and if the profile is an accurate representation of how the printer prints, then any attempt at getting any closer is purely subjective.

it may wind up that someone may like a "tweaked" color better in a certain light, but it's not the closest possible match.

Also keeping some of the big machines perfectly calibrated means that you need to calibrate them almost every day...

Just which "big machines" would that be?

I've got several clients with Scitex XL's; several with VuTeks; several with older Dursts and plenty of clients with Jetis. They're every bit as stable as any other inkjet printers. I've gone back to some of them years later, and they haven't drifted at all.

In fact, frankly, my overall take is that as a whole, inkjet printers are much more stable than most in the industry tend to give them credit for being.

And just by the way, I've been doing this for over seven years now. I've got over 200 clients, and most of them call me back every time they make any sort of change that requires new profiles.

And since day one, this link has been up at my website:

The Correct Color Guarantee

And here's word for word what it says:

Correct Color is so certain you'll be ecstatic with the results of our work that our guarantee is simple:

If, on completion of our work, you don't think the money we charge for our services is the best money you've ever spent, you don't have to pay us.

I've never not been paid yet.

Understand that Correct Color is just me. It's not only what I do for a living, it's my passion. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but if you want to come online and denigrate me or what I do, you need to have a little firmer foundation in fact.

Mike Adams

Last edited:
First of all I apologise if you feel that I was denigrating you, that wasn't my intention. I was only purely criticising the statement and made the assumption with a question mark to indicate that further deliberation is necessary, nothing else. I'm not questioning your knowledge of printing industry or colour management. Only would like to see healthy conversation and debate about the topic. It's good to see other people who are passionate about the colour management and their job. My observations are based on my experience in the shop floor real world print production.

“Works first time, every time” I'm sorry to say this but I still don't believe it before I see it. Your statement is pretty dichotomous and I don't think people should be using this kind of statements, specially on the colour management and colour as like you said yourself "It's science, and it's art". Colour is complex phenomenon and so many disciplines involving like physics, chemistry, biology and psychology. I'm not making this stuff up either and my observation and statement is based on 15 years experience in printing industry and 11 years profiling and printing large format printers. I have worked in advertising, big magazine printer, newspaper and 2 different large format printing companies. Got training for Durst Rho in Italy their headquarters. Used several different profiling/RIP software like ProfileMaker, Binuscan, GMG, Caldera, Onyx etc. Profiled many different printers like Oce Arizona 180, Arizona 550XT, Encad Novajet, HP, Rho 160, 600, 351, Vutek 3300 and many more. I do Pantone and colour matching every day at my work. I know that some people have more experience but 15 years is pretty good experience to make observations.

Maybe with the profiles you're accustomed to creating or using. With Correct Color profiles, I have never seen this to be the case.

Our profiles are made using state-of-the-art GMG profiling package and GMG are one of the main players in the print colour management industry. These profiles are devicelink profiles with closed-loop profile optimization, where you can make as many iteration cycles until you reach the preferred dE tolerance. Also before profiling we make sure that we achieve maximum chroma with ink restrictions and the linearization is good, that we don't get any tonal banding. I really don't know how you can make better profiles then that?

Nowadays most of the profiling packages are pretty automated, that even non-experts can do high quality profiles. I don't think there is any trick to make perfect profile. You first make ink restrictions to max chroma then you make linearization and determine the ink limit and after that you make actual profile. On the profile you just need to determine colour separation settings and usually with default settings either using GCR or UCR you should get pretty good results.

So I kind of don't understand that what is so special on your profiles? Can you tell us bit more about your process and how do you build perfect profile and what software and spectro you are using? Also how do you deal with optical brightener issue and measurement errors as if you use UV cut filter you get different readings? Also different spectros give different readings and have deviation. How do you avoid anisotropy directional dependency from surface inhomogeneities when measuring colour? Also can you tell us how accurate are your profiles in dE colour difference. Remember that human eye can see difference 0.5 dE so your profile in gamut colours accuracy need to be under 0.5 dE to be perfect.

First time, every time. That's not marketing. It's simply a mathematical fact.
Exactly mathematical fact but not fact in practise and I think thats the issue here theory and practise don't always go hand in hand. I have been many training courses before. Problem with many trainees and teachers have is that they don't have clue how is the actual production in the shop floor and work as a printer operator and even if they have or they used to work for a company in the production they have forgotten how it was. I think they are teaching their own fantasy how it should be done, but don't realise that when you work fast base environment where most important thing is to get the job done and profits, you just can't always but theories in practice.

I've got several clients with Scitex XL's; several with VuTeks; several with older Dursts and plenty of clients with Jetis. They're every bit as stable as any other inkjet printers. I've gone back to some of them years later, and they haven't drifted at all.

That is really strange and hard to believe because I have experienced colour drifting from the beginning I started large format printing 11 years ago and since then I haven't operated any printer that wouldn't have some sort of colour drift.

Just which "big machines" would that be?
All our printers have some kind of drift but the big machines I was talking about are Vutek Ultravu 3300, Rho Durst 160, 600 and 351. On Rho 351 I have witnessed daily drift. Other printers we have are Oce Arizona 550XT, HP Z6200 and Lambda. I haven't calibrated other printers in daily basis so can't tell for sure if they drift daily but they do drift as always when I calibrate them they are off from the dE tolerance. Also another printer I can tell for sure that drifts daily is our proofer Epson Stylus Pro 4900. Also GMG do recommends to calibrate proofer and printers daily basis for accurate colour matching.

So as you can see, I have quite hard to believe that your clients don't experience colour drift at all. They must have controlled environment but even then I have hard to believe that they don't get colour drift at all on their machines. I'm not sure what is causing our printers to drift so much. I would assume that the main reason is because our print room and stock room is not controlled environment, I mean the humidity and temperature change daily as its kind of warehouse where heating is only on during the day, and weekends and nights it's off. So basically print room environment changes when the weather changes. Temperature can change from +5°C to +24°C and relative humidity can be anything between 20% to 70% so not so ideal. Also printer mechanical parts tends to worn and change. For example printheads gets clogged nozzles.

I have listed below other material and printer related real world situations when we get colour shift:

- Changing the roll. For example if we are printing big wall from many drops/tiles. We always try to fit those drops on the same roll and avoid printing different rolls, otherwise we might not be able to match the drops. More likely printer issue then material.

-Some materials like wallpaper we might get difference between the start and the end of the roll. So we can see difference between the first drop and the last drop on the same roll. Also the manufacture recommends to print rolls in manufacture batch order if we wanna match all the drops on separate rolls. This is because the manufacturing process of the material.

-If I need to redo one drop from big wall in another day we always get little colour shift never bang on same colour. Although usually colour shift is so small that we can get away with it.

-Also different manufacturing batches of Foamex sheets are different colour.

I could give more examples about colour shift but it would be like never ending story. Those are the main problems we have.

Would like to hear from other people, anyone else really don't have similar problems and don't experience colour shift at all on large format printing!?!?

wow it is so comforting to know that you have a customer who knows what is cmyk. most customers just see them as colors and we are running tons of work on our xerox and canon digital printers and most of the files we have are PDFs form original files whose graphics were all set as RGB. actually we never really spent the time to convert them into cmyk because most of the colors are "acceptable".
when we have a client that is very exacting to color and cmyk configurations, i remember the "agency days" where people are wo different from print buyers today.

thanks for this thread and good luck. funny, but to even use the pantone chart as a standard is so misleading: the pantone PMS book is not printed offset of digital. we need to have a Pantone Book that is printed digital to be used by digital printers and an offset printed PMS book for offset printers.

Robert81,

I'm not going to get into a point-by-point argument here with you.

I will say that I've owned a 40" 4-color litho shop in my lifetime, and I've owned a large-format printing company in my lifetime. I also like to say that I've "been in the business of putting ink onto media for parts of five decades now." Not only that, but I consider a large group of my clients to be good, close personal friends. I don't just drop in, spend a few days, spread some BS and then vanish.

So I have seen a good bit, and I'm pretty comfortable I've got a reasonable grasp of all the issues you're raising.

And every single project I do, everyone from the pressmen to the president gets my business card and my cell-phone number, a promise of free lifetime tech support, and an admonition to call me if everything doesn't work exactly as I have promised.

As far as what tools and procedures I use, I'll be glad to tell you. But you have to hire me first.

I will say that I'm not a fan of GMG. And I'm not a fan of device-links in large-format printing.

Perhaps if you had Color By Correct Color, as opposed to GMG, you wouldn't have the issues you're facing.

The one statement I do feel I should call you out on, is this one:

“Works first time, every time” I'm sorry to say this but I still don't believe it before I see it. Your statement is pretty dichotomous and I don't think people should be using this kind of statements, specially on the colour management and colour as like you said yourself "It's science, and it's art".

To be just as blunt as I can be: Frankly, unless and until you're a client I really don't care whether you believe me or not. But there's no conflict in my rationale at all.

Making color profiles -- particularly in large format -- is part science and part art.

Using them in a properly-designed Correct Color workflow is neither. It's actually pretty ridiculously easy.

Mike Adams

yes the rips have spot colour tables, but i can only speciify Lab values!

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing a trick somewhere.

Is it just a common mis-conception by customers that supplying a CMYK to a printer will produce the expected colour?

Other common mis-conceptions;
- The CMYKs I supply will look as they do on my screen
- The CMYK i give the printer will look how I want it to
- I'll send the same file to 2 different printers and they'll look the same when printed
- I'll give the printer CMYK values from the Pantone book, that way it'll match the Pantone I want

All of which are obviously twoddle as there are too many factors to take into account (ink system, gamut, printer/manufacturer, heat, substrate, humidity, what pants i've got on!)

Please tell me that I'm not talking rubbish!

Do not worry, your not talking rubbish, anyone who has had to deal with people/customers of any kind on why two prints are never really the same is a very common occurrence. So many variants can alter colour even down to not looking like its does on screen, makes me giggle still, lol.

All you can do is try and explain, send them links to places like this as proof or evidence in your words of advice and experience.

Another common misconception: - the RGB will look the same as it does on my screen :)

Let's remember this client clearly knows nothing about color. Has anyone considered maybe how picky they will be? How many times have we cringed as we handed some junky looking proof to a customer only to have them say it looks FANTASTIC?

It's also possible that some other printer told him that CMYK looks the same across every device. If he's not doing a huge volume, he's wasting your time. Let whoever fed him the BS match his color if he is picky. The average printing company fires about 5% of its customers per year.
I've found that I don't get any new business when I spend an hour trying to exactly replicate some random CMYK color instead of selling printing.

Alternatively, charge a $90 color match fee. He provides samples, you match them.

"All jobs will be printed pleasing color. Jobs requiring match color will be subject to additional fees" - learn it, love it.

onwsk8r > you are so right: most of them are very small customers with one time jobs nd they never come back. i deal with them this way: we provide pleasing color or accpetable color to us and hopefully to you. we do not want to match your job with precision because you are paying too little money. that is our term: you not happy? we are happy to see you go away. we do not want to spend half a day on your file for nothing or pay: a minimum of $120, not printing as of yet just a match proof.
it is because of them that our industry have suffered and a lot of people with skills in the industry just walked away and find another job.

we have a machine dedicated to all these stupid customers who gave us RGB files and we run them on this machine everyday. just keep going and most of them are small jobs. we dont run them until they come. 1 copy show to them you happy? they say yes. give me 200 please. we print the pay. sayonara and goodbye.

onwsk8r > you are so right: most of them are very small customers with one time jobs nd they never come back. i deal with them this way: we provide pleasing color or accpetable color to us and hopefully to you. we do not want to match your job with precision because you are paying too little money. that is our term: you not happy? we are happy to see you go away. we do not want to spend half a day on your file for nothing or pay: a minimum of $120, not printing as of yet just a match proof.
it is because of them that our industry have suffered and a lot of people with skills in the industry just walked away and find another job.

Do not blame the print buyers for the troubles in the industry. The blame falls squarely on the printshops and the print associations.

Gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back