Color handling PDF-X in Apogee 7

Hello!

I have encountered a problem with color handling in Apogee X 7.1. I will try to explain this in short terms..

I use Apogee Preflight with "Apply Color Settings" and in Render/Render I use Press Repurposing.

I want my customer to use PDF-X (1 or 4) and my Apogee should find the icc-tag and separate images from the icc-tag to my press profile. I can verify this by checking the "Preflight fixes produce notifications" checkbox within the Apogee Preflight tp.

When I submit a one page job I can see that the system finds the icc-profile from the pdf-x output intent, and separate it from that to my press profile. This is what I want, due to my various type of jobs.

But.. When I have a job with more than one page, and I have for example six pdf-files with different output intents, the system pick the output intent from whichever pdf-file was first dropped into the job. This means that the other pdf-files with another output intent than the first one have been faulty separated.

Does someone else have there problems, and do anyone have a solution on it? I would be thankful for all tips and help.

Regards // Markus

I guess I could do that, but I would prefer to have a workflow without a lot of workarounds. They are both time consuming and a extra step in the process.
I may be wrong but I think that you can achieve what you want by using the color management options of Apogee. I attach to this message a PDF I made to show (almost all) the possibilities offered by Apogee for the processing of the images (sorry, it's in french but I hope it's not to difficult to understand). Those parameters are mostly in the Render - Render part and in the output settings. I highlighted in red the path that would be interesting for you.

I hope that this will help you. We are mainly printing our own jobs and we don't really have the problem you are describing.

Regards

Attachments

• Apogee_Color_Management.pdf
    18.1 KB · Views: 203
Thank you for the pdf. It is a very nice way of showing the workflow :).

I do today what the red line in the pdf do. My problem is just that the system finds the output intent from the first pdf I put in the job, and all the rest of the pdf´s I put in there get that icc-profile assigned. Even though they have another output intent. And the result is faulty separated images.

// Markus

Sorry if it is not really helpful. I don't use Apogee on a daily basis but rather when the regular operators are not available so I don't have a lot of experience. If I have the opportunity, I will try to reproduce the situation on our system tomorrow or friday at work.

Hi all,

Apogee can honor the # Output Intents of multiple PDF's in one job, but only in the PDFRender CMS operation called "Press Repurposing". This application is not possible with "apply color settings" of the Apogee Preflight TP. Press Repurposing is licensed through the Apogee Color Quality manager license.

regards

PGe

Okay, so you mean that I can not use Apply Color Settings together with Press Repurposing? I use Press Repurposing in my flow, I will try to remove Apply color settings later this week when I am by my AX7 system again to see how it works.

Regards // Markus

Okay, so you mean that I can not use Apply Color Settings together with Press Repurposing? I use Press Repurposing in my flow, I will try to remove Apply color settings later this week when I am by my AX7 system again to see how it works.

Regards // Markus
Indeed, although it's possible to create a flow like this, the apply colorsettings action list is meant for export flows (only) see the txt file that is bundled with the action list. Apparently the warning that should be given when a flow like that is processed is not enabled.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back