color management certification

I was checking out the IPA website today and seen they had a color management professional certification program has anyone ever taken these certification programs and if have are they worth doing. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Manuel S.

Prinect ColorToolbox 3.5

Prinect ColorToolbox 3.5

I am using this software from HEIDELBERG , very usefull to profiling, proof reports, and with all the process standarts inside, ISO,FOGRA, GRACOL .

This is the best software on the market .

Regards

padrao

Padrao, have you compared with the competition on the market before making that statement? ;p though I thik the questin was about eduacation/knowledge ratther than software/hardware.

I have been learning a lot from the Idea Alliance organization: "http://www.idealliance.org" Information from GracoL to G7. Complete color management from press to proof. As far as certification, Idea Alliance has many.

We are in the process of achieving "Proof System" certification then "G7" certification. So far it has helped our shop with consistency between our press - proof - monitors - and customers monitors. We have also become more appealing to customers who have seen other printers, because of the economy, have cut corners and discontinued quality control procedures. We are making it know to potential customers that during this slow period, we vamping up quality and pursuing certifications.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back