Creaser Folder Recommendation

nightcrawlerx

Hello,

We're looking to purchase an automatic creaser/folder that can crease and fold at 17mm (1/8 inches) from the edge of the paper. We use 300-350 gsm white offset paper. Does anyone know such a machine or has one? Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• paper-crease-fold-01.jpg
    paper-crease-fold-01.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 94
It's not remotely the cheapest option... At my last job we had the Multigraf touchline CF 375 and it was the best digital finishing machine I've ever run. It replace our floor folder for 90-95% of our work.
It had two tool units so, you could crease from the bottom and the top simultaneously or crease & perf.
It had a wheel attachment allowing you to perf/score in both directions simultaneously. The wheel could also lift and lower on the same sheet allowing you add spaces between perfs.
We bought an extra perf tool and cut it in half. We used to for a custom right angle perf job that we ran monthly. That's an in spec use of the machine!
Two fold gates
It easily ran the 12x27 sheets of of our Ricoh 7110.
It could run from 50# text up to 350 Gsm.

It's slow but amazing.

How many sheets are you running? +1 on the CF375 as long as your quantity isn't too great. I've found the feeding and repeatability/registration to be really good.

I have an earlier model and the first crease can only be at approximately 1" or more from the leading edge of the sheet. For your application it could be creased at the trailing edge.

Hi @nightcrawlerx , I'm installing a Graphic Whizard 335 CKF creaser-folder next week and I'm more than happy to try out this configuration for you to see if it works. The unit is pretty reasonably priced, I appreciate that it's compact but not crushed-together-compact like some of the other units on the market.

We've had our Morgana autocreaser 33 for the last 16 years and it has been a workhorse.
We've only had to replace a motor in the last 16 years but aside from that it does an amazing job.
Can do up to 9 creases in one pass. 13" x 39" long.
Let me know if you have any questions

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back