DC252 and C6500 and Imagepress C1

l80en

Hello my friend, I am from Indonesia, at now i want to buy ones colour printing machines, the option is XEROX DC252 and KONICA MINOLTA C6500 and CANON Imagepress C1. Can you help me to give priority from three of that, because I am confused to choice one from three machines , Tq.

Hi l80en,

If you buy the machine for production, it mean you will print alot per month, so the quality of the print out is very important, and also the cost of consumables and service maintenance.

With the digital printing, the color consistence of the image is very important, so pls choose the machine have the function to adjust the machine in order to get the good quality from time to time. With LD6501 or C6501 is the same and from KM, there are alot of functions like "image stalibization control", it control the drum affect by temp and humidity, control the quality according to the print voluum (every 1000 A4), time ( 6 hrs), humidity change (20%), density of image denpends on the counter of the parts .... alot of things and give you the good quality. With another machine, I dont know it have this function or not.
- Cost of the toner and how many copies with 1 bottle of toner.
- Cost and life time of the developer (200 000 copies)
- Cost for maintenance parts according to the print voluum like 100K, 200K, 400K, .....

So you can calculate them and choose the best machine for you

Hope this help

Hi l80en,

If you buy the machine for production, it mean you will print alot per month, so the quality of the print out is very important, and also the cost of consumables and service maintenance.

With the digital printing, the color consistence of the image is very important, so pls choose the machine have the function to adjust the machine in order to get the good quality from time to time. With LD6501 or C6501 is the same and from KM, there are alot of functions like "image stalibization control", it control the drum affect by temp and humidity, control the quality according to the print voluum (every 1000 A4), time ( 6 hrs), humidity change (20%), density of image denpends on the counter of the parts .... alot of things and give you the good quality. With another machine, I dont know it have this function or not.
- Cost of the toner and how many copies with 1 bottle of toner.
- Cost and life time of the developer (200 000 copies)
- Cost for maintenance parts according to the print voluum like 100K, 200K, 400K, .....

So you can calculate them and choose the best machine for you

Hope this help

Thanks for your reply, some posted in this forum like horrible for c6500 register issue, how about it? thanks.

okay, heloo, can another person to help me ? Thanks.

Besides the technical features you may also want to check for similar installations and the technical support in your area. The machine is only as good as the support and training you can get for it.

For more help its also important to know what you want to print, what is important (print qualtiy, price, throughput, etc.) to you.

The registration issues I'm assuming you are talking about is front to back issues.
If so, they all have issues from what I've seen. Copiers aren't perfect when it come to front to back. I can't speak about the higher end stuff, but the entry level stuff has movement. I run a DC252 and depending on stock it will move. I know people with C6500 and they have the same results and the Canons I ran in the past did as well - nothing is better than press. When it comes to choosing you'll have to compare costs to what you can sell and will sell. I went with the DC252 because I liked the prints a little better and the cost per click was competitive with the others on service. Check your area for support, because I find that after the machine is delivered they all tend to fall off in the support area (not talking about service).
Good Luck.

Thank you for everyone, how about CANON Imagepress C1, any issues about this machine? exclude printing speed only 7 PPM at colour A3. Thanks.

I was faced with the same decision - C6501, 262, C1 - and went with the C6501. The Imagepress offered exceptional quality and I knew Canon in my area offered great service (I already have them servicing my IR 600, Ir 7200 and color 3200 machines.) It was just too slow running color at 14 ppm.

With the 262, Xerox recommended running heavy stock through the stack bypass. The quality was exceptional but I don't like using the stack bypass as a solution to running heavy stock.

The C6501 seemed to be the best of all worlds - paper handling, speed, finishing, good cost per click, etc, at a price that seemed reasonable to me. The machine also seems more heavy duty.

So that's what I went with and have had the machine for 2 weeks. So far, it's too early to tell.

As noted in a previous post, investigate who offers the best service in your area. That is extremely important as well.

I think KM is new in Indonesia for Colour Printing, so I don't have comparison about that. The Xerox had good network, so that's make good after sales, I think. But KM known had good Price machine, good spec, good cost per Click and good image printing. Still Confuse :confused:.......

I think KM is new in Indonesia for Colour Printing, so I don't have comparison about that. The Xerox had good network, so that's make good after sales, I think. But KM known had good Price machine, good spec, good cost per Click and good image printing. Still Confuse :confused:.......

I would say maintenance is critical! On paper, the KM 6501 is way ahead compared to the DC 252. It would be more appropriate to compare the Xerox 700 against the KM 6501. However, if you can afford only 1 machine and plan to run the crap out of it, the dc 252 would be a safe choice. If you plan to go with Fuji Xerox, depending on your needs, you may need need the decurler or even look at dc 260 or the 700 if colour consistency is critical.

we have the ikon cpp550 version on the km 6500. I really like it. you can adjust the front to back registration so that is is really close. no its not a heidelberg press. but if you need hair line registration then you had better buy a press.

What makes you think c6501 can't run gloss stock?
The print samples I was shown when I was considering buying one didn't look good at all to my eye. Looked good on matte, but the gloss stock print samples didn't look even at all to my eye - toner was too flat and gloss was uneven. (not that the docucolor is perfectly even as at the wrong angle you do see some oddnesss in black lines, but at least from perpendicular to the sheet to 30 degrees the docucolor looks great to my eye whereas the km looked poor from all viewing angles to me. The flat print samples impressed me though.)

The print samples I was shown when I was considering buying one didn't look good at all to my eye. Looked good on matte, but the gloss stock print samples didn't look even at all to my eye - toner was too flat and gloss was uneven. (not that the docucolor is perfectly even as at the wrong angle you do see some oddnesss in black lines, but at least from perpendicular to the sheet to 30 degrees the docucolor looks great to my eye whereas the km looked poor from all viewing angles to me. The flat print samples impressed me though.)

I agree with Island, on uncoated sheets the 6500/01 look good, but on gloss they are way too flat, like prints from a B/W MFP on gloss.

C1 specification

C1 specification

hello l80en ....
I am from Indonesia too, and I can give you a complete specs benefit and other information. Let me know how to contact you, since from what I know, in Jogjakarta we have so many company asking to buy C1 machine.

Let me know if you are interested and send me an email to me : [email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back